• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet Disassembles itself on Entry to Character Animator?

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the tutorial on building first puppet in Illustrator, and it's going well. During the building of the body, however, the outline mechanism when grouping or selecting, etc. started showing up in red. I didn't think it was problematic, and maybe it isn't, but when I finished building the torso, arms, legs, and feet, and opened it in CH, the poor guys arms and legs and horns were all in a pile. As if I had cut them up and dumped them into a bag. I have a screenshot. What would cause such a catastrophic accident? This is an Indy project for College so any help you might have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. CeceCapture-puppet disassembled.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Yes, unfortunately this is an annoying bug we’re currently tracking and trying to fix. Basically, it seems like sometimes when a group inside a PSD or AI has changes its width or height (so not just a cosmetic change like making something blue, but rather making the arm group wider/taller because there are more arm states inside), CH has trouble reconciling where their origin point is - the original position or the new one. So it can “push” those affected elements if the origin point doesn’t li

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, unfortunately this is an annoying bug we’re currently tracking and trying to fix. Basically, it seems like sometimes when a group inside a PSD or AI has changes its width or height (so not just a cosmetic change like making something blue, but rather making the arm group wider/taller because there are more arm states inside), CH has trouble reconciling where their origin point is - the original position or the new one. So it can “push” those affected elements if the origin point doesn’t line up as expected.

The three potential workarounds for this are:

1. Find the group and manually select and drag it back into place on the puppet panel canvas inside Character Animator (drag the arm back to where it’s supposed to be).

2. Select the offending groups/layers, right click them, and select "Reset Layer."

3. Worst case scenario, reimport and rerig the character.

We hope to fix this in our next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you--I appreciate the info and I'll be watching for updates!

Cece

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines