• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR CC won't merge HDR or Pano.

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to merge some photos last night and upon selecting the photos and clicking merge LR just stops. Checked the task manager on my PC and it shows no signs of working happening. I tried the HDR and Pano both with the same issue. I can do single photo edits just fine, and this is a new issue that has come up. I have done HDR and Pano both in the past.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

I recently had a Pano totally freeze (like you,  CC2015.8).  It was a 'Vertical' pano with the camera held 'landscape' and rotated upwards on a waterfall. Lr would not create the pano from the 'landscape' frames.  I rotated the photos 90degrees in Lr so they appeared as vertical frames- then the Pano merge worked! (Rotated the final pano back 90degrees to appear upright)

You say "I have done this before..."  so I cannot say what the answer is, or what may have changed.

Re-setting the Preferences f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific about the type of photos and the steps you are taking to achieve 'merging'? (screen-clips?)

Pano- Do the images overlap?  Is it a horizontal or vertical pano?

HDR- Are the photos framed identical? Were the different exposures set in camera?

Lr Version Number?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They r just 5 ABE raw files shot with the DJI Inspire. All 5 photos were taken at same time. I have done this before without issue. But this time I can't, nor can I merge 4 photos taken with 50% overlap horizontally they will not merge either. It doesn't even try. As soon as I select merge LR just freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recently had a Pano totally freeze (like you,  CC2015.8).  It was a 'Vertical' pano with the camera held 'landscape' and rotated upwards on a waterfall. Lr would not create the pano from the 'landscape' frames.  I rotated the photos 90degrees in Lr so they appeared as vertical frames- then the Pano merge worked! (Rotated the final pano back 90degrees to appear upright)

You say "I have done this before..."  so I cannot say what the answer is, or what may have changed.

Re-setting the Preferences file  (by a rename or delete) is often suggested in such cases. Resetting Preferences in Lightroom CC/6

Also I think Lr likes the photos un-touched by edits in the develop module, ie. try merging the images 'Reset' as at import.

Have you tried exporting each file to JPG and attempting the merge with these.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines