• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render in 720p for YouTube

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, is there anyone willing to help me to render a video in 720p h.264 format for YouTube? I recommend using Adobe Media Encoder.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to be on the right track already. What problems are you having? There is a preset in Adobe Media Encoder for H.264 YouTube 720

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pc is not beefy enough and I don't have much space left on it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, are you asking somebody to render your project for you on their machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, will you do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but I am willing to give you advice on how to render it using your computer.

It may take a while, but it should still get the job done.

What problems are you experiencing?

If it's a long render, I would recommend rendering to an image sequence out of After Effects (that way, if your machine crashes during the render, you will still have all of your progress up until that point and can just render from that frame onward). Then, put the image sequence back together with the audio in Premiere and encode your H.264 from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I want to render a 40 minutes long video, and I don't know how to render to an image sequence. I also only have 75GB left on my hard drive. I once tried to do it but it says 24 hours remaining

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aaronv64114856  wrote

Well, I want to render a 40 minutes long video...I once tried to do it but it says 24 hours remaining

Yes, so do that and wait for it to finish. 40 minutes is a REALLY long composition in AE. Most of mine are a few seconds long. Very few go over 30 seconds. So, if you're rendering something that long on a slow computer, 24 hours might be a reasonable time.

Now, it's possible that we could help you learn how to streamline your project so that it renders more quickly (for example, it will probably go faster if you're using the Classic renderer instead of the ray-traced renderer).

What, pray tell, are you rendering that's 40 minutes long?

aaronv64114856  wrote

I don't know how to render to an image sequence.

Then you really need to learn the basics of how to use After Effects! If you're missing something as basic and essential as this, who knows what other essential stuff you're missing! Andrew Devis has an excellent series here - and it's free! You could also read through the help files on rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time I think that a render is going to take more than an hour I render to an image sequence because it is much easier to go back and fix things. Most of my comps are 7 seconds or less because that's how long the shots are that I use in my movies. I don't edit in AE.

Follow Szalam's advice and study up on video standards, frame rates, formats and the other essentials that everyone creating video should know. Unfortunately, most new AE users that I have met in the last few years have no idea what they are doing when it comes to rendering video and almost all of of them are doing it wrong. Until you are an expert in standards, compression and formats you should never see Custom in a Composition setting or a render setting. The presets are there to keep you out of trouble and give you a usable product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, thanks for everyone's advice. I'll keep the advices in mind. I found out that a friend of mine is a expert in this. I think I'll learn pretty much everything basic from him and decide whether to render the 40 minutes long video. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there are parts of your 40 minute video that do not have a bunch of effects added to the shots then cut the comp up into pieces, render only the parts with effects that cannot be done in a NLE like Premiere Pro, then edit the final 40 minute movie in your NLE. I cut hour long and feature length films all the time in PPro. I only use AE for effects shots and graphics that I cannot create in the NLE. Most of my AE comps are seven seconds or less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi AaronV,

Did you ever get your project rendered? Please return to the post and let us know how you solved it.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is a preset call YouTube 720p HD you can use it directly

Untitled-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines