• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer file from Acrobat 9 Pro to Acrobat X standard

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have Acrobat Pro 9 on my desk PC and reviewed a report - I highlighted text and made notes - I issued that marked up report to others and copied to my email file. When I opened that file on my laptop (which has Acrobat X Standard) I can see the highlights but cannot find the notes - what is the secret to making the notes visible on the laptop please ?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

In Acrobat X, you can show the "Comment" pane on the right side, that will show all notes.

2017-03-06_18-52-01.png

You can also select the "Automatically open comment pop-ups for comments other than notes":

2017-03-06_18-53-07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat X, you can show the "Comment" pane on the right side, that will show all notes.

2017-03-06_18-52-01.png

You can also select the "Automatically open comment pop-ups for comments other than notes":

2017-03-06_18-53-07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Karl - the problem was strange - the emailed file said it had no comments so only showed the highlight - so when I opened the file in my desk computer using my laptop the comments opened just like they should do - so, somehow the file lost the comments when it was emailed - any ideas what could have happened ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you email the file? How was the file received and saved on the other end? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karl,

I attached the file to gmail and sent it to my own email address plus several others.

When I opened the email on my laptop, I downloaded the file and then clicked on it to open it - once open in a new window I printed the file as a pdf and saved in on my laptop for use at a meeting the following day - when I opened the file the next day I could see the highlighting but no comments were available.

I tried repeating the exercise today but this time printing the file as an ADOBE pdf (took a long time as it is a 97 page file) and the comments disappeared again.

So I then repeated the process step by step - when I downloaded the file on my laptop and opened it ( it opens as a new folder) when I put the cursor over the highlighting my comments appear in a yellow box - so far so good !!

Then I save as a pdf. I then opened Adobe Acrobat X and opened the file in that program - highlighting still there but no comments.

So it is the saving that seems to be the issue - whether I save as pdf or as Adobe pdf.

How should I save the document in my laptop to keep the comments ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the printing to PDF that will destroy the notes.  Why are you printing to PDF?  When you download the PDF file that was attached to the email, you already have a PDF file, there is no need to print to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the size of the laptop screen !

At the office I have 2 large screens and can open a lot of programs and left click on the downloaded file and move it into File explorer.

On the laptop 1 programme at a time can be screened and it is much more difficult to left click and move to store - I'll take the time from now on - thanks for your help today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Karl - just improved my day - if I make acrobat my system viewer and right click on downloaded file and "Open with System Viewer the file opens in Acrobat and then I can save to where I want it and keep the comments attached.

Never to old to learn - thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines