• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stacking issue after having edited

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was working fine then suddenly not. After several hours of processing my photos in Lightroom, there was suddenly a change in where the edited photo was placed in my stream after editing in PS. Initially the edited version was placed next to the original image in the stream, but then for some reason it started to place the edited photo right at the end of the stream. I had online help with me for an hour, even accessing remotely to work on the problem, but nothing worked. They will escalate the issue and hopefully get back to me. If doesn't matter if I check or uncheck to keep the stacking with the original raw file, if checked to keep together, then they both go to the end of the stream. It's very annoying to find where you were up to when you have a lot of photos in the stream. Any ideas anyone?

original position of image.jpg

then edit in photoshop.jpgstacked at end after edit.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

The order of the filmstrip is the same as that set for Library grid view.  You've probably accidentally changed the sort order.

Go to Library and do View > Sort > Capture Time or > Filename.  (You can also set the sort order via the toolbar, but it's easier to explain using menus.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The order of the filmstrip is the same as that set for Library grid view.  You've probably accidentally changed the sort order.

Go to Library and do View > Sort > Capture Time or > Filename.  (You can also set the sort order via the toolbar, but it's easier to explain using menus.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you my friend, that solved the problem. You're better than the tech guys online lol. Thanks again. It was really annoying me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like I may be having a similar problem.  It is driving me crazy and would appreciate any help.

I (sometimes) edit photos with external editors which produce PSD files.  When I return to Lightroom, the edited files seem to be in the stack with the original NEF photo.  That's fine.

However, I cannot open the stack and get access to the edited file.  I can see the edited PSD file in the folder (from windows explorer) but Lightroom tells me it is already imported if I try to import it again.  I re-edited the same NEF file, the stack grew accordingly but I still can't get access to the edited file.

How can I access files in the stack?  Clicking on the double bar does not work.  Hitting "S" does not work.  Choosing "unstack" in the menu does not work.

What am I doing wrong?  Help ! !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a FILTER set than the stack will appear not to open if the underlying file is a doesn't have the matching criteria.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filters are "off".  If I set filter to "psd", it does not show any files.  Depressing.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch back to the Library module then back to the Develop module. G (g) key then the D (d) key. Does the edited, Stacked, file now show up?

What is the Sort: set to in the Library module? Set it to Capture Time and the stacked images should be right next to one another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When photos are in a stack they are always unstacked next to each and not by the selected sort mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not correct. If the second stacked image was created long after the original image and you unstack them and select Added Order as the Sort they are not still next to one another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The three middle photos are stacked and the sort method is by RATING.  As you can see, the photo in the stack do not honor the sort.  Having the stacked photos move all over the grid during a sort defeats the purpose of a stack.

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 5.09.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 5.09.14 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so? If they are stacked then they appear together. Your other post you said if they are Un-Stacked they still appear together no matter what the Sort is set to and that is not correct.

Stack 1.PNG

Then that stack unstacked and sort set to Added Order. You'll note the image is now at the end of the film strip and the last image in the grid view.

Sort 2.PNG

Now I have to Re-Stack them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess my semantics was wrong when I said "unstack",  I should have said "expand" the stack.   Sylvian is trying to "expand" the stack and it won't expand apparently.  Sylvian has double-bars by the photos so there is a stack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep to Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been switching back and forth and that did not change anything.

However, here's what I did:  while in my external editor, I exported to TIF the picture I was working on before returning to LR (with the PSD file) and guess what?  My stack is working.  (!!)

The TIF that I exported is not in the stack (as expected I guess) but I can now open the stack and see the three PSD files that are stacked (and not previously visible).

It seems like the export to TIF has awaken the stack function .

I don't know what this is all about and I don't like it.  I must've wasted over an hour trying to get to my edited file and re-editing it.

Any insightful advice will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Sylvain+C.  wrote

I don't know what this is all about and I don't like it.  I must've wasted over an hour trying to get to my edited file and re-editing it.

Any insightful advice will be appreciated.  Thanks.

You appear to have ran into one of the many glitches in Lightroom that seem to be random.  I wish Adobe would spend a little more time in cleanup of the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

deprime.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines