• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best PDF for web viewing

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When saving a file from Indesign or Illustrator in a PDF format, what is the best preset to use to post for web viewing? Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

The best default PDF preset is Smallest File Size. It can also be tweaked for the particular devices that will be viewing/displaying it. For example, you could modify the Compression tab settings as appropriate for those devices. Save as a custom PDF preset, using the Save Preset button at the bottom left.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best default PDF preset is Smallest File Size. It can also be tweaked for the particular devices that will be viewing/displaying it. For example, you could modify the Compression tab settings as appropriate for those devices. Save as a custom PDF preset, using the Save Preset button at the bottom left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export as interactive PDF. This will cause small sizes and allows to have interactive URLs.

But be aware that only Adobe Acrobat will support all kind of PDFs without limitations and that many people will open and view PDFs with other viewers, browsers or applications which will show the content in a different way other than you have designed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that exporting to the InDesign Adobe PDF Presets and selecting High Quality Print and then saving the resulting PDF in Acrobat Pro as a Reduced Size PDF, I get the best quality RGB images with a low file size.

This is completely unscientific and I wish someone like the expert Dov would comment on this workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do this too, but also wish I could find an easier way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines