• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hiding UI handles in the stage viewer...

Participant ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to do this?

Like in After Effects, you can hide the transformation handles if they get in the way of what you're trying to do.

I can't find an equivalent in Animate. Am I looking in the wrong place?

If it doesn't exist, could this be a new feature request?

Thanks!

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you select an object > you select the transform tool (free or gradient) and you want to be able to hide the transform tool handles?

if so, use the selection tool.

you can use keyboard shortcuts to speed things if you need to do a lot of back-and-forth between or among the tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works momentarily...
I'm doing a lot of timeline work, using keyframe caddy to select frame-based poses.
Every time I select a different frame, the bounding box and the transform pivot pop up again.
And, even those can get in the way from time-to-time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you chose the selection tool and you see the transform tool when changing keyframes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah.

Clicking around in the timeline causes the tool display in the viewer to switch to the transform tool.
In this particular workflow, I click a frame, then, click a button to change the firstFrame value of the symbol on that layer.

Every time I select a new frame, the transform interface comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see that so i'm not sure if the problem is related to keyframe caddy or something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the problem.

In order to change the firstFrame parameter of a symbol on the stage, that symbol needs to be "active" (i.e., the selected item).

Switching to the free/gradient transform tool clears the selection and, the parameters I'm trying to animate become inaccessible.

So, I can't clear the selection handles if I intend to adjust the parameters I'm after.

I just repeated this in Animate 2017.Stepping through the timeline (with "," and ".") does not select the stage elements of the frame. The bounding box and pivot remain "hidden."

But, selecting the frame with the cursor switches back to the transform tool while selecting the stage elements.

In any case, I can't adjust the parameters I need to while hiding the transformation handles because they ALWAYS show up whenever you have something in your selection (which is necessary to get at those parameters).

So, this feels like a feature request in the making...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am checking with the product team. Meanwhile, you can share your feature request to the team directly using this form Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris,

can you share a video recording of the problem as you describe. It'll help us in understanding what might be going wrong and investigate further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines