• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 14 being shut down by Win10

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening,  I am a new poster here, so please excuse me if I am in the wrong area, or going about this the wrong way.

I have been an avid user of Premiere Elements for about 10 years.  I have recently spent approximately 8 hours on a video for work, and when going to render it, was rudely informed by the version I was using that it was no longer supported.  As I am low on funds at the moment, I opted to purchase a copy of version 14 instead of the recently released 15 to continue my work. 

Upon initial installation, it seemed to work fine mostly.  There were photos on my 4th video track that needed to be rotated, but that was about it.  My movie had 6 video tracks, and 3 audio.  I have auto-save turned on and it saved periodically as I was working.  I set it to render and went off to bed.  The next day, I shut the laptop down and did some things.  Upon my next power up, when trying to get into the project, PE shuts down.  No error to reference, just says that the OS had to shut the thing down.

None of my saved files will open, and neither will the main file.

I have done the following to try to get this working again...

• Uninstalled ALL Adobe software....Air, Acrobat, etc. and re-installed PE14.
  • Searched through all the application and system event logs looking for something to latch on to.....found nothing.
  • Moved all the media files to a different location in hopes one of them is causing the problem and I can re-import them one at a time.  The program never gets to the point of telling me they are off-line, it simply closes down as before.
  • I CAN start a new project, so it has to be something in the file.
  • I have seen people mention going at the files with XMLWrench, but I cannot find whatever XML file I am apparently supposed to look at.
  • I tried getting rid of 14, in favor of the older version in hopes that I could open it there....now that version says the file is corrupt.  (I assume here that the files are not backward compatible)

Anybody know what else I can try....I really do not want to start all over and am getting frustrated beyond belief....especially when the manufacturer will not assist because it is one version old....lovely customer service...just saying.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Greg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What processor do you have and with how much RAM? How much, free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive?

Is there anything unusual about your computer configuration? Do you have more than one drive or are you editing from an external drive?

Have you ensured that any photos you are using in your project are sized to no more than 2500 pixels wide and 1875 tall?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what is the video's format and resolution?

Do you render your timeline (press Enter) whenever you see a yellow-orange "render" line along the top of the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Steve,

Is a brand new Win10 build as of October.  Is a Core i5 with 16Gig of RAM, and 100Gb of free HDU space out of a 500Gig drive.  Running Win10 64bit.  Only one internal drive. Older version worked fine for weeks, and the new version did for a while until I hit the enter key to render it, and went to bed.  All media was from my Galaxy S7 phone, both the video and still photos. 

The "render" is what I set it to do the last time it worked.

I have Intel video as well, as I noticed that there were issues with some of the other video cards.  From what I can tell, none of my hardware should be an issue.  I am an computer tech, so it is all kept in pretty good shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Can you please try one thing?

1. Launch Premiere Elements

2. Go to Preferences - General

3.Uncheck the "Use Hardware Acceleration" option

4. Open your project and try to render.

Otherwise relaunch PRE after changing the preference settings and open your project.

Thanks,

Pankaj Gauba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can give me more of the information I asked for above, I may be better able to help you. Also, please be specific which i5 processor you have. There are dozens!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines