• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade of Photoshop

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have starting with PS 4 upgraded to PS5, PS5.5 and PS6.

Now I have to reinstall PS due to a system crash. Can I delete PS 4, PS 5 and PS 5.5 when PS 6 is running?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

You don't need to install the previous versions.

When you install CS6 (which I assume is an upgrade), it will ask for the serial number for a "qualifying product", just after you have entered the CS6 serial number.

This qualifying product is CS5.5, which you upgraded from. So you put in that, and that's the end of it. It doesn't matter if CS5.5 was in itself an upgrade, it only goes one version back.

If, OTOH, the earlier version is already installed it will verify automatically without asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't need to install the previous versions.

When you install CS6 (which I assume is an upgrade), it will ask for the serial number for a "qualifying product", just after you have entered the CS6 serial number.

This qualifying product is CS5.5, which you upgraded from. So you put in that, and that's the end of it. It doesn't matter if CS5.5 was in itself an upgrade, it only goes one version back.

If, OTOH, the earlier version is already installed it will verify automatically without asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines