Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 FPS

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a project with a character that I plan to make very complex, but I don't know how far I can go and if there are any tricks to make this work better. Right now my character has simple face expressions (angry eyebrows, smile, no lipsync) and 34 hair groups that dangle individually. It works great, but when I make four more groups of the head (right and left profile, right and left quarter) my actual FPS when I record is no longer 12. It's between 0,5 and 2 FPS. Does anyone have some tips and tricks that will make my project possible?

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Yeah that's a lot of dangle points - probably too many for the physics simulation in the app to keep track of well in realtime. You may want to see if there are any places you can scale back in the number of points - every handle will make things run progressively slower.

If this is a recorded piece, then your best bet is to turn the dangle off (eyeball toggle) during recording and only turn it on before rendering out. You won't see the dangle during recording but it will be there for the final p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that's a lot of dangle points - probably too many for the physics simulation in the app to keep track of well in realtime. You may want to see if there are any places you can scale back in the number of points - every handle will make things run progressively slower.

If this is a recorded piece, then your best bet is to turn the dangle off (eyeball toggle) during recording and only turn it on before rendering out. You won't see the dangle during recording but it will be there for the final piece.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried turning dangle off, record, and then turning it back on. It seems to work well that way, thanks for the tip! But since my project is going to be even more complex, I will have to try more things. I tried keyboard triggers instead of the head turner behavior, but that made it worse.

What if I could use just one performance for several puppets? I could make five puppets, one for each angle, use the same performance for each puppet and switch between the angles in After Effects. Is that possible? Can I use for example an existing video, just like with sound tracks?

And if I would record the head apart from the body, will they warp the right way?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the same performance for multiple puppets has been suggested a few times, but not implemented yet. I'm not sure if your CH & AE hack would work but it may be worth a try - I make quick rough and dirty prototypes all the time to try certain functionality. Performance can be impacted by a lot of things, so it's worth experimenting to see what edits can make faster/slower puppets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, thanks for the reply.

I guess we're just in a pioneer time, I'll experiment with it.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines