• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trial CC Problem

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the desktop (non-cloud) version of CS6 and Lightroom.  I recently signed up for the free CC trial and decided that I did not need it.  Now that the trial has expired, my LR is disabled - I cannot access the develop mode. I'm sure there is a work around, but I find this really bothersome that a free trial cases me problems that I didn't before the trial.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom did you have installed before you installed the trial version of Lightroom CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jscrawley,

Please follow the steps mentioned in How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6  and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent several hours in a chat with Adobe support (them controlling the computer remotely) and the situation is worse now. I can't even launch LR. Over two hours and they can't convert trial to LR6. How is this possible? I can't be the only person to have tried CC and revert to LR6. Just an awful experience with Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We Apologize for the inconvenience. I have sent you a private message. Please respond.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have any experience with Affinity Photo? Affinity Photo - Professional image editing software for Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been running CS6 since the upgrade was available and two again had the same problem with the trial account window opening evy time I lauched an Adobe product. At first it said I had 30 days so I thought, being slammed with deadlines that I would sort this out later, even though the popup was an inconvenience. But alias this morning the pop up stated my trial had finished!

Fortunately, all it took was to re-enter the serial number ( well so far! and for my situation)

I believe the problem started from having the Adobe Cloud service installed on our machines last year when we temporarily used a subscription for an another Adobe product we need to do a specific project.

I did a clean-up of my computer, removing unused programs including Adobe Cloud service (no other Adobe products), and then cleaned my registry, the problem started on next boot up.

I think the Adobe Cloud service hijacked my serial registration files or similar. As CS6 was made before Adobe Cloud service, and obviously doesnt use Adobe Cloud service, I did want this on my machine.

I hope this helps anyone in the future who has this problem

Also, some comments mention Corel. I have used Corel since version 1. Corelldraw is a great program, far more intuitive and flexible than illustrator, who was even around back then.I have used Adobe products since the release of photoshop, and was happy enough when they took over dreamweaver/fireworks and pagemaker then to become Indesign I like most users are peed off that my investment in Adobe products for my business for the past 2 decades was disregarded by Adobe and that the problems subscriptions pose for professionals and businesses ignored

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines