• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to save file to current location automatically in DC

Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working with Acrobat Reader DC version 2015.023.20070. I use a scientific research pdf article organizer (zotero) that keeps track of all my pdfs. When I needed to re-save a pdf previously Acrobat would offer in the first case to re-save it in the current location chosen by zotero (something like this "C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Roaming\Zotero\Zotero\Profiles\ijofrl1f.default\zotero\storage\QGD49P", with every pdf file having its own personal folder). However, with DC it prompts me to save in a recent location

or to locate the folder manually (see attached image) , which is a very cumbersome task.

Acrobat save.png

Is there a way to get DC to look to save the file in the current location automatically. I checked the dropdowns on the page and found nothing of help, and I searched some relevant-sounding forums on the site and came up dry.

Thank you!

Jim

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Hi Fredricksonjim,

Try changing the preferences setting and see if that helps.

Open file in Acrobat> Edit > Preferences> General >Uncheck "Show online storage when saving files"

I believe you are saving a different copy of the document by choosing "Save As" and that is the reason its suggesting to save the copy of the same file to other locations or select the location manually.

Have you tried Ctrl+S (Save rather than Save As)? was it causing the same problem?

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fredricksonjim,

Try changing the preferences setting and see if that helps.

Open file in Acrobat> Edit > Preferences> General >Uncheck "Show online storage when saving files"

I believe you are saving a different copy of the document by choosing "Save As" and that is the reason its suggesting to save the copy of the same file to other locations or select the location manually.

Have you tried Ctrl+S (Save rather than Save As)? was it causing the same problem?

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your first fix did the trick! Thanks!

Acrobat has always done a "save as" rather than "save" with all my pdfs, this case was no different.

Thanks again,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines