• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 6.8 Update problem (Error u44m1p7) on new computer CC install

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a CC full subscription user-have been for 3 years.  Windows user.

I had CC with LR(6.8), PS, DW, Acrobat, Media Encoder working without problem on a Win10 Pro desktop and Win10 Pro Laptop.  All versions were current (LR@6.8).  No problem until:

I bought a new W10 desktop computer and deactivated the Laptop so I had an open CC install.

So I did the same procedure I've done many times before.  Installed the CC program on the new computrer and then downloaded my apps.  I figured that all apps would install with the most current version, I mean who'd expect an old version with a fresh install since its a web download.  Seemed true for all but LR which installed as 6.3 (huh!, I installed late Feb 2017).  I then got the CC notice for LR "update available."

Same problem as reported in this thread "error u44m1p7."   https://forums.adobe.com/message/9363755#9363755

I tried the solutions recommended by Adobe for this error:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-u44m1p7-installing-updates-ccm.html

None of them worked and I got the unzip CRC error when I downloaded the update manually.

Two call two tech support with two remote sessions to my computer.  Each lasted about 1 hour and lots of changes to permission on Adobe folders, downloads, reinstall of LR, all while I watched my desktop changing under remote control.  Trusting person I am (maybe I shouldn't be LOL).

Each time no solution. and each time the tech said he will escalate the problem and Adobe will call back in 1-2 hrs 1st session (never called) or 10-20 minutes 2nd session (never called).

Really not happy so I went to the LR Adobe forum (should have done this first but never had any problem with CC or LR ever!).

The solution that worked was to use the dropbox setup file provided by RaphaBonelli (which unzips with no CRC errors):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rii23fo0716vfxo/setup.zip?dl=0

Ralpth provided his solution in this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9363755#9363755

The date this worked for me is March 1, 2017.   Yep, March 1, 2017 and the problem is still occurring when you update LR via the CC program or you follow the Adobe advice and try their 4 solution (helpx link) or call tech support.

Live and learn but what a gigantic waste of my time.  I hope this saves someone else some time.

Jim Kirk

Message was edited by: JAMES KIRK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasted three hours on this problem tonight -- a problem that was identified months ago by customers, and never fixed by Adobe.

I installed CC, Lightroom 2015, and PS 2017 on my Windows 10 pc on January 27. Lightroom 2015.8 installed without issue at that time. A week ago, the LR file management interface stopped working properly. Tonight, I uninstalled and reinstalled from the CC desktop app, but kept getting the update error. I also attempted to install the direct download update, which is corrupted and gives a CRC error. Thanks to Mr. Bonelli for the Dropbox download, which worked fine.

Let's hope that Adobe's failure to correct this issue is caused by their putting all of their efforts into ensuring that Lightroom 2017 is a working product before it is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gmayhew  wrote

I wasted three hours on this problem tonight -- a problem that was identified months ago by customers, and never fixed by Adobe.

I installed CC, Lightroom 2015, and PS 2017 on my Windows 10 pc on January 27. Lightroom 2015.8 installed without issue at that time. A week ago, the LR file management interface stopped working properly. Tonight, I uninstalled and reinstalled from the CC desktop app, but kept getting the update error. I also attempted to install the direct download update, which is corrupted and gives a CRC error. Thanks to Mr. Bonelli for the Dropbox download, which worked fine.

Let's hope that Adobe's failure to correct this issue is caused by their putting all of their efforts into ensuring that Lightroom 2017 is a working product before it is released.

Hmmm.  Sadly it looks like we are going to be in big trouble if Mr. Bonelli no longer provides access to the uncorrupted update file.

Come on Adobe, get this corrected so we don't have to move out of creative cloud update due to errors in order to get to the latest LR update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Today is March 8, 2017 and the Windows 10 CC app notified me that LR 2015.9(i.e. 6.9) was available as an update.

Using the CC app I clicked on update and the 6.9 update downloaded and installed without any errors.  Opening LR showed is was at 2015.9.  Description of update in the CC app under more information was "bug update."   I guess so!!!!

So, I am hopeful if you do a fresh install or a reinstall of LR that you will no longer be troubled by the error I reported above.  Can't say for sure since I didn't go from the fresh install of LR 6.3 to 6.9 so that path is still up in the air.

If you do go from 6.3 to 6.9 can you post here and us know how the update process worked.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines