Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project didn't save

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I made many changes to my pre-existing XD project yesterday (made it on Sunday) and hit ctrl+S many times while working on it. I opened it today and only the first change I made saved... Is there any way for me to recover the rest of my work?

Thank you!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

In this case, we did release a Mac-only release earlier this week to fix a bug with not being able to save. However, this particular bug was platform specific, and shouldn't have affected Windows. Does this happen with new files, or does it happen after a little while?

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hulloitsivy,

Can you try downloading the latest version of XD and let us know if you are still facing this issue? From what I understand, this bug has been fixed in the latest version.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

The version of XD I was using was the most up to date version. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just shipped an update this morning, so we'd like you to try this one.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay! I haven't seen an update available for it in my creative cloud yet, but I'll download it once it shows up.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just came from home to the office. No update before I left, but three app updates when I got here. Not that I had any trouble saving! The update does single out the saving problem as the main fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can force it: select on the gear icon in the Creative Cloud application and select "Check for App Updates."

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, but nothing showed up. 😕 I have a windows computer if that makes a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again!

Are the mac and windows updates released separately?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, we did release a Mac-only release earlier this week to fix a bug with not being able to save. However, this particular bug was platform specific, and shouldn't have affected Windows. Does this happen with new files, or does it happen after a little while?

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh, I see.

It was my first ever XD file that this happened to. I created it and made the basic layout, saved, and didn't reopen the program until a few days later. I then made changes, hit save regularly while working on it, then closed the program. I opened it a couple days later and only the first change I made that day had saved.

I've been able to continue to work on the project incrementally, though! I've just been hitting save, shutting down the program, and reopening it every five minutes to make sure I didn't do too much work only to lose it all, haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines