Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fuji x100F - Lightroom RAF uncompressed support

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was wondering if Lightroom supports Fuji x100F's RAF compressed files or only the uncompressed ones - like Capture One.

Thanks in advance,

Lorenzo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

As of today, the Fuji X100F raw format is not supported by any Adobe software.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

This will probably change when the next version of Lightroom is released (but I can't make any guarantees either). At that time, we will know if compressed files are supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of today, the Fuji X100F raw format is not supported by any Adobe software.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

This will probably change when the next version of Lightroom is released (but I can't make any guarantees either). At that time, we will know if compressed files are supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're definitely aware of this camera and hope to support it in a future release of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems odd to me that the X100f has been available in pre-production for a while and Adobe and Fujifilm have not worked together on this. I've no doubt that there must be others like me who, at the moment, are restricted to in-camera conversion. It's frustrating when you pay a subscription to Adobe and a lot of money to Fujifilm for a camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jumpin%27+John  wrote

Seems odd to me that the X100f has been available in pre-production for a while and Adobe and Fujifilm have not worked together on this. I've no doubt that there must be others like me who, at the moment, are restricted to in-camera conversion. It's frustrating when you pay a subscription to Adobe and a lot of money to Fujifilm for a camera.

You, and others, are not restricted to In Camera conversions. Use the Fuji Supplied RAW converter to convert the RAF files to TIFF.

If Fuji hasn't updated their own RAW converter software to support these newer models then complain to Fuji.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Valid point and I have to say that if you work in B&W the ACROS film simulation is so good you might not actually miss RAW that much while you're waiting. One of the perils of being an early adopter I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jumpin%27+John  wrote

Adobe's raw support is usually based on production bodies and final firmware. Also note that the most recent release of Lr was about 3 months ago, so I doubt you'll be waiting long for an update.

Had Fujifilm not failed to offer DNG as an option, you would have had a level of support on day one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help guys - I'll wait for the update and hope!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today's release supports that camera. Lightroom CC 2015.9 now available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, what about Photoshop though?

Il giorno 07 mar 2017, alle ore 19:42, JeffreyOD <forums_noreply@adobe.com> ha scritto:

Fuji x100F - Lightroom RAF uncompressed support

created by JeffreyOD in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

Today's release supports that camera. Lightroom CC 2015.9 now available

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9377117#9377117 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9377117#9377117

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'd need to use the Camera Raw plugin for Photoshop. ACR 9.9 now available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines