• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effect cc2014 Transitions vs Premiere Pro cc2014 (Help needed)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gentlemen

Windows7  Ultimate

6GB Ram

Adobe After Effect cc 2014 and premiere Pro cc 2014

Project 1080p

Can someone help me please !

I've created a project using Premiere Pro cc 2014, its about 5 minutes long, I have couple nice plug-ins such as New Blue and etc

The New blue has couple nice transition that i really like a lot and I wanna keep them in my project but unfortunately when I export my Premiere Pro project to After Effect cc2014, I lose my New Blue transitions, although i can see them in my sequence or project but when I render and see the final video, I dont see my New Blue transitions .

Any help will be appreciated !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's probably a limitation of their system. You have to ask them about the specifics, but I tend to think that the GPU acceleration they use simply doesn't work with DynamicLink.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why you are bringing a 5 minute edited movie into an application that is designed to create shots and is not at all suited to editing. If you have specific shots that cannot be handled in Premiere Pro because they need special effects or compositing that cannot be accomplished in the NLE then bring these shots into AE for processing then do your editing in PPro and polish your sound in Audition. Trying to edit in After Effects is a bit like driving nails with a screwdriver. You may eventually get the job done but it's a lot more work than using the right tool for the job in the first place.

That said, most effects applied in Premiere Pro are not compatible with AE so your workflow is probably backwards. If you can give us workflow details that force you to bring your edited 5 minute movie into AE for further processing then maybe we can give you a work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replies

Well Rick, my project is a Music Video, as you've mentioned , to do all my cuttings and etc in Premiere Pro and bring it to AE for effects, that's exactly what I am doing here , as Mylenium said, maybe my Transitions are not compatible with it, like you guys  advised, I am gonna check with NB and see what they say .

I've mostly worked with Premiere Pro and couple other software , most of them give you nice Preset Transitions, Adobe After Effect has fewer transitions, such as Wipe, Blinds and Dissolve, a total of 16 Transitions

If you guys know of any 3rd party plug-ins that I would be able to use , please recommend them to me, I mainly work on some Music Video .

Any help will be greatly appreciated .

Peru Bob, I have only 6GB of Ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that you are doing music videos, but I think what you are missing is that if you need to do something to a shot that cannot be done in Premiere Pro like an effect, the most efficient way to work is to figure out what parts of the shot you are going to use in your final edit, do the effects work in After Effects, and then bring that effects shot back into Premiere Pro or any other NLE for final editing. The least efficient way to work is to do the editing in Premiere Pro then bring the entire project into After Effects and do the compositing and effects and then render for several reasons. The first is that the renders inside AE take longer than they do in Premiere Pro. They always do and it is highly likely that it is going to take several more versions of After Effects to get any significant increase in render speed. The second is that After Effects is not designed for editing so any changes that you make in the timing of your edit is going to be extremely cumbersome. This adds time to the production. The third reason is that the timeline is slower to work with and previewing your work is more time consuming so the process of just looking at your work and making decisions takes longer. Another reason is that if something goes wrong with a render or if you need to re-do something it takes a lot less time to fix 10 frames in AE and replace those 10 frames in Premiere Pro than it does to have to go through and re-render your entire 5 minute video from AE again. The time savings in a redo of a single shot can run into days unless you optimize your workflow.

I could go on and on. When you are working with music videos, which I have been working on since since Heart's Memorial Stadium concert on August 31, 1997 (yeah I'm an old guy), the secret to making a music video work is in the editing and the sound, not in the visual effects alone. On your next project give this a try: Do your first cut, just to the music and the picture, in Premiere Pro, then take each shot or short sequence no longer than a single phrase of the music that you need to add something to that you can not do in your NLE into After Effects one at a time to do the "effects." Render these 'effects shots' and then go back to PPro to finalize the edit. If you have not done so already, run the sound through Audition for final mix so you can optimize the audio. A final pass on the audio in Audition or something similar is at least as important as the picture and can only be partially done in a NLE. You'll find that you are working faster, that you feel more productive, that your work looks better and most importantly, you should be done in less time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick,

Wow, that was a lots of explanations, and I thank you for that, to be honest with you, I have no problem with the Audio tracks, since I record them here and master them here in my recording studio.

Ok, so as you've mentioned , I do all cuts in premiere Pro and then I bring the clip into the AE, and I add my effects and etc.

As you've said that i can bring my project back to Premiere pro, once I am done with my effects and etc, the problem that I am facing is that, Premiere tells me that , for example : " The plug-in Synthetic Aperture that I 've used in my AE project don't exist in Premiere pro"

So that is one of the issues that I am facing now,I guess all the plug-ins that I use the AE , must have it in Premiere as well , before I can be able to export a project to premiere .

BTW, Ive checked the YouTube to see if can get some ideas about which transitions to use,if there are any pre made ones , but looks like there are NO pre made transitions for AE

An example would be , Premiere pro or Sony Veags, which have a lots of pre made ones

So, it seems like even the transitions that comes with AE, I still have to manually set the keyframes to make it work ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kishoreda,

Sorry to see you're having some trouble working with both Premiere Pro and After Effects.

The plug-in Synthetic Aperture that I 've used in my AE project don't exist in Premiere pro"

You're working backward. You can try using Dynamic Link from Premiere Pro. I got it to work that way.

So that is one of the issues that I am facing now,I guess all the plug-ins that I use the AE , must have it in Premiere as well , before I can be able to export a project to premiere .

Right. So, stay in Premiere Pro to use your New Blue Transitions and your editing. Use the "Replace w/ After Effects Composition" command to work with each clip you want to affect in After Effects (dynamic link).

So, it seems like even the transitions that comes with AE, I still have to manually set the keyframes to make it work ?

Yes. And you'd need to select both clips in Premiere Pro, and then engage the "Replace w/ After Effects Composition" command, animate your "After Effects transition" there and be done with it. Keep in mind that transitions are accomplished a bit differently in After Effects. In Premiere Pro, you just need to drag and drop the transitions in place. In After Effects, you do this by keyframing/animating.

Hope that helps,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Mr. Kevin,

I am gonna try your method now, hopefully all work out for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, let us know how you are progressing!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kishoreda wrote:

Hello Gentlemen

Windows7 Ultimate

6GB Ram

Adobe After Effect cc 2014 and premiere Pro cc 2014

Just curious:

Is it 6GB RAM or 16GB RAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ram4gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mo Legend69

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines