• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizing Photos in LR

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to migrate to LR from Picasa.  In LR all folders are sorted alphabetically.  But all my photos from my iPhone go into subfolders within a folder named iCloud Photos.  I want to modify names to reflect date taken but all the iCloud Photos will stay in subfolder.  How can I solve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Edit: Do you want to re-name photos or folders?

If you must rename the photos

Select them all in the folder (Ctrl+A),  Press F2  (keyboard Function 2),  Click the Drop-down menu at the end of the File-Naming box, Select "Edit" from the menu.

This opens the File re-naming template editor where you can construct how the renames will look by inserting data appropriate-

And use "Date" to add to the file name.   (the metadata drop-down menus provide many options)

Do a test and practice on one or two files

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Edit: Do you want to re-name photos or folders?

If you must rename the photos

Select them all in the folder (Ctrl+A),  Press F2  (keyboard Function 2),  Click the Drop-down menu at the end of the File-Naming box, Select "Edit" from the menu.

This opens the File re-naming template editor where you can construct how the renames will look by inserting data appropriate-

And use "Date" to add to the file name.   (the metadata drop-down menus provide many options)

Do a test and practice on one or two files before you rename the whole folder.

https://www.slrlounge.com/when-and-how-to-rename-your-files-in-lightroom/

ScreenShot156.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines