• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

POOR IMAGE QUALITY WHEN RESIZING? Help!

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new laptop and purchased Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 to use. I then experienced an issue (as explained below) so I downloaded CS6 using my subscription instead.

What happens is, when I go to edit any photo (this example is 2000 x 3000 px):

001-952.jpg

And then go to resize it using either the cropping or resize tool (this one is 540 x 780 px), it comes out with incredibly poor quality (as you can see)

tumblr_inline_omh7x0AiVC1qcq7i2_500.png

And these are my usual optimization settings:

tumblr_inline_omh7xogYB61qcq7i2_500.png

I’ve tried everything and asked everyone– between copying and pasting it to a canvas, changing my optimization settings, smart sharpen settings, using different versions of photoshop, etc. and nothing works. It’s incredibly frustrating! So if anyone can help me out, I would sincerely appreciate it! Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

You Did post a 2000x3000px image

Your save for web capture shows you resized the image to 640x780px. The png you posted is 500x722px.

Its the $6,000,000  Why doe your 6,000,000 pixel image have more detain then your 361,000 pixel image. It easy to see the difference I think that may be quite normal to lose some detail. when you reduce the number of pixels.

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Did post a 2000x3000px image

Your save for web capture shows you resized the image to 640x780px. The png you posted is 500x722px.

Its the $6,000,000  Why doe your 6,000,000 pixel image have more detain then your 361,000 pixel image. It easy to see the difference I think that may be quite normal to lose some detail. when you reduce the number of pixels.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, the image I posted was 500 x 722 px rather than the one I had specified. I sent a version to a friend for their opinion on it and when I uploaded it through a website send to them, the image size was reduced by the web. However, I did think there was still a difference given the 540 px image I had planned on posting.

I guess I'm just thrown off because I'm used to CS5, which I had on my old computer and each image I edit now appears to be in worse quality than what I was accustomed to. It might even be my computer screen itself. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dropped both of these into Photoshop and viewed each at 100% zoom. That is the only zoom level where you are looking at the actual image 1 image pixel per screen pixel. I don't see anything there that I would not expect with a reduction in pixel size.

You could experiment with different resampling algorithms by using Image Size before Save for Web.

As a side note - the original larger image has some nasty artifacts (look at the background). They look like heavy processing in 8 bit and then the jpeg compression on top.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so I suppose it partially has to do with the image itself then... thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines