• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This version of XD is out of date. Update Now....

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, either i'm completely lost or something is up with my XD.

I'm trying to open XD and I keep getting the message "This version of XD is out of date. Update Now to continue using Adobe XD".

In my CC/apps shows no updates for XD; I go to the website and try to download the latest version and nothing happens; No downloads start.

What am I missing?!?!

-S

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Hi Serge,

Can you check if you have multiple installations of Adobe XD on your machine?

If you are getting that dialog on opening a document that means you are on relatively old version of XD.

Are you using mac or windows?

Here are some of the solutions that you can try:

1. Force sign-out and sign-in in the Creative Cloud Application. (Setting(gear icon on the right) > Preferences > SignOut). Once you sign back in you should be able to see updates of Adobe XD.

2. If above option does not work, un-in

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an update today. Try using the CC menu, cog icon, Check for App Updates.

If that doesn't work out it would be because to keep going with the beta you had to install the next release within a certain time. I'm not sure why there is that rule, but it may be that they only want to have one version of the updater from the previous one. Instead of say having the ability to update from any previous version, or to be a full installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Colin. I did manually Check for Updates, but still XD just shows "Open" not "Update" as the other apps do when updates are available. Are there any other options? Can I uninstall and re-install?

-S

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 7.45.39 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I tried that page...never started the download. I tried it about 10 times and never downloaded anything. I was prompted with the open in the CC app or start download and neither option made any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Serge,

Can you check if you have multiple installations of Adobe XD on your machine?

If you are getting that dialog on opening a document that means you are on relatively old version of XD.

Are you using mac or windows?

Here are some of the solutions that you can try:

1. Force sign-out and sign-in in the Creative Cloud Application. (Setting(gear icon on the right) > Preferences > SignOut). Once you sign back in you should be able to see updates of Adobe XD.

2. If above option does not work, un-install Adobe XD. After un-installation check if you have any more copy of Adobe XD installed. If yes, un-install that copy too.

Please let us know if it resolves, else we can find alternate solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you  swapnilshrivastav,​

That did the trick. I uninstalled it, signed out of my account through the cog > preferences > Sign Out, signed back in and the option to re-install was there in the CC App section. Re-installed it and it is working beautifully.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome.

Good to hear that you got going again. Thanks for reaching out to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try. Uninstall > Logout from Preferences. Login > Install again, and have the same result. :@ HELP ME PLEASEUntitled-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i change user session in Windows10 > uninstall XD > logout > close user session windows > and install again, and all its OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it worked out!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's my solution on my mac. I un-install my XD on my windows computer and logout. and then, I un-install my XD on my mac and logout too. And at last, I login my account on mac and finally I can install the newest version of XD.

Maybe this will be useful for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adobe Community,

How do I get the update link for Adobe XD?

douglasEV_0-1587832480493.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines