Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting photos in Lightroom 2015.8 on Windows 10 issue

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just updated my Lightroom CC to the latest 2015.8 release. It was working OK previously except for needing closed and restarted every hour due to slow downs. Anyway, I now have an annoying issue in that when I go into the develop module and I go through adjusting my images and flagging those I dont like as rejected, I then "Delete rejected Photos".

Once that is done, the develop module work space where the image appears is set to the preview of the last image that was rejected.

After this, no matter which images I click in the image bar below, or even if I click out to Library then back in to Develop, the last rejected image (despite having been deleted) is still shown. It does not change to any other image until I close Lightroom and restart it.

I am running on Windows 10, not tried in Mac OSX yet. Is anyone else having this issue and have you found a fix for it at all?

Thanks,

Ken.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Please add your me-too vote and details of your issue to this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: No Image displays in Develop Module after Deletion of Other Images | Photoshop Family Customer Community . (This forum is primarily a user-to-user forum in which Adobe product developers rarely participate.)  Be sure to copy and paste the results of Help > System Info.  This will make it a little more likely Adobe will fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been reported here a few times.

Please make a post of it here.

Photoshop Lightroom | Photoshop Family Customer Community

The work around is to go back to the library module before you delete the rejected images. You can do that easily by hitting the g key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this on my Mac and it worked as expected.  Does it do this EVERY time or is it a random behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posted in these threads.

Bug? Main image display becomes blank/frozen after deleting an image in library

And something similar.

Lightroom Develop shows wrong image

Seems to be a Win 10 problem as it doesn't happen on Win 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its not just a Win 10 problem buddy.  I have it happening on Mac Sierra

when i press X to flag photos as rejected and then do a Command+Delete to delete them all i get errors "An error occured when attempting to change modules" and everything is blank and i cant click on Library, develop or anything.  I also get the problem where it freezes on one image and even clicking on different images does nothing to change it.  Broken POS program for at least the past year.  HORRIBLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 2.08.39 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works fine on El Capitan so must be a Sierra issue.  Adobe should fix it but Apple OS is getting buggier also and Apple seems to break things in every new release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add your me-too vote and details of your issue to this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: No Image displays in Develop Module after Deletion of Other Images | Photoshop Family Cus... . (This forum is primarily a user-to-user forum in which Adobe product developers rarely participate.)  Be sure to copy and paste the results of Help > System Info.  This will make it a little more likely Adobe will fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening to me. iMac with El Capitan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with Win 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have this problem. Win 7 Pro LR CC 2015.8. But then I don't use the GPU feature (In fact the newest updates have actually disable that option where as before I could enable it. Now I can't.).

Either right click and select Remove Photo then Delete from Disk display goes to next image. Hitting the delete key does the same.

So if you are having this problem on a win 7 system then it is specific to your system setup. Try disabling the GPU option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for info guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This issue has been acknowledged. Please find more info here: Lightroom: No Image displays in Develop Module after Deletion of Other Images | Photoshop Family Cus...

The current workaround is to go back to the Library Module before you delete the rejected images. You can do that easily by hitting the G key. Others have reported that reinstalling the app also solves the issue. Please try that and let us know if the issue still occurs.

Thanks,

Melissa

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have this exact issue on Mac (macOS Sierra 10.12.2):

Re: Lightroom 6.8 Mac file delete issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi kennetho,

Please update Lightroom to 6.9/2015.9 version which includes the fix for Lightroom: No Image displays in Develop Module after Deletion of Other Images | Photoshop Family Cus...

refer: Lightroom CC 2015.9 now available

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines