• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting photos problem 2015.8 Mac Sierra IMAC 5k ERRORS PROBLEMS

Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Adobe:  Your software has been horrible for at least the past year yet you want to continue taking my money for your buggy awful software.  Why?  Every update does something useful yet creates more problems..

Anyway my problem please see photo below:

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 2.08.39 pm.png

I am using full specced 5k Imac late 2015 with Sierra OS

Everytime i flag photos with X and then COMMAND+DELETE to remove them all (choosing remove from disk) i get the following happen.

A grey screen where im unable to click on Library or Develop or ANYTHING for that matter without this message stopping me from doing anything.. The solution? quitting and reopening the program.

The other problem i also get if not this one, is that one photo will remain in my view and clicking on any photos around it simply does nothing until again you guessed it I CLOSE THE GOD FORSAKEN PROGRAM..

Please rapidly push out an update for this as i cull a huge amount of photos daily and i dont want to quit and reopen lightroom every time i need to delete photos.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi Mickspawn,

This issue has been reported and we are working on it.

Current work around is to go back to the library module before you delete the rejected images. You can do that easily by hitting the G key.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mickspawn,

This issue has been reported and we are working on it.

Current work around is to go back to the library module before you delete the rejected images. You can do that easily by hitting the G key.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Akash i hope many problems can be fixed ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ASAP is not going to happen.  The next update for Lr 2015.8 or maybe 2017 will probably be a couple months away.  Akash's suggested workaround is your best bet for awhile.

BTW, I agree that Adobe should be spending a lot more time with Quality Control/Bug Fixing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very disappointing.  Ever since 4k and 5k screens Lightroom has fallen into the toilet.  Photoshop is much better now but they need to pay attention to LR and A LOT OF attention.

This is a pretty serious bug to wait a few months in my opinion.

Also i don't see improvements at all in speed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mickspawn,

Please update Lightroom to 6.9/2015.9 version which includes the fix for Lightroom: No Image displays in Develop Module after Deletion of Other Images | Photoshop Family Cus...

refer: Lightroom CC 2015.9 now available

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mohit, do i need to somehow download the update from the web?  in adobe creative cloud app i do not see an option to update Lightroom.

Let's hope you really did fix all the bugs and the slowness!!!

One question if I may... in all versions of Lightroom recently you cannot export HD slideshows when using portrait and landscape combination of photos.  Has this been resolved yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you sir.

how about the bug i asked about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was an issue related to Lightroom: Slideshow Export as JPG text overlay issue | Photoshop Family Customer Community is fixed in this update.

Check what all fixed in Lightroom 6.9/2015.9 update, refer: Lightroom CC 2015.9 now available

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines