• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

*New anim clip extension* for Animate CC 2017 ?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I used to work with 'new anim clip' extension from http://www.toonmonkey.com/extensions.html.

On their website they do have a cc version (zxp file). However, the extension manager of Animate 2017 doesn't let me install it.

Please someone help about it. This is an important issue for a lot of animate users around the world. It is directly concerning for saving time and hence also money.

I really can't see any reasonable cause for not enabling this plugin to work. Thanks a lot in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Try using NewerAnimClip.zxp - works on CC 2017 for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

write to toonmonkey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using NewerAnimClip.zxp - works on CC 2017 for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get "This extension can not be installed, it requires Flash version 8 or greater." Not sure if 24.0.0.221 is "Flash 8". I think it's more to do with the .zxp extension than anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to download Adobe Extension Manager CS6, convert older .mxp extensions to .zxp (or use the one provided in a few threads back)

Then install the .zxp extension using a Mac Utility.  This guy details it here: Adobe Animate Installing Flash Extensions MXP/ZXP - YouTube  But he doesn't show where to get that Mac Utility that does the trick.

If you were lucky enough to have that extension when you had CS6, you may have kept it during your upgrades, which I assume why it works from some people. If you're starting fresh, a new computer with fresh installs of CC, you'll have to go through the steps.  From what I'm finding, Adobe hasn't supported Extension Manager recently...?

Perhaps the next update, they'll have a "nesting" command built in. *hint hint*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems to not work in the newest version of Animate.

Also, I accidentally removed the file I linked to in my answer. For anyone wants to try it, you can download it here: NewerAnimClip.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file Travis linked to will hopefully solve the problem, but if not, see this article on how to install ZXP files:

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/kb/install-animate-extensions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the link Colin gave you doesn't work you could also try this utility to install extensions. Works great for me...

ZXPInstaller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines