Exit

radial transition from haze to solid white

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Community!

I am a novice with PS and I'm trying to prepare the following image:

1. the center of the rectangular picture with a portrait should be abolute perfect sharp (original image)

2. on an imaginary border of an ellipse around this portrait should start a white haze, transitioning to the four edges into a solid white or dense fog

Is someone in the community, who can support me with a detailed procedure?

Thx in advance!

I apologize for my poor english, sorry!

Best regards, Siegfried

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

it may be that the question was a little hard to understand, but as i saw it you you want the gradient to start a little bit mor outside of the middle so that the face is perfectly clear maybe? like this(?):bilden.jpg

to be honest i dont know if this is what you want (and it may be a little similar to the others), but the way you do this is as easy as this. you make a new layer and the put a gradient on it. you then make a layer mask and make your brush into an elipse. then you switch the brush colour to b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a white Color Fill layer, and in the layer mask, put a radial gradient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

High, Semaphoric!

Thanks, for your very quick and interesting proposal. But, unfortunately, it doesn't meet my aim not completely.

Getting your image as a template:

I would like to have an inner ellipse without any haze surrounding the complete head, shirt collar and tie. From this imaginary border the haze should start smooth and end with the same intensity (solid/dense fog) on all four edges. In this case, the haze has a non-continuous distribution/density caused by the progress on the different distances from the ellipse to the image borders.

Do you have any idea to realize this?

Best regards,   Siegfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite sure, but is this more the look you're attempting to achieve, then?

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 1.47.38 PM.jpeg

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, S_Gans!

Thank's for your proposal. Unfortunately this is not the result I'm looking for.

Currently I have found three possibilities of frames in PS with more or less haze surrounding the picture:

- the proposal from Semaphoric

- your proposal

- a very similar impression to your proposal, S_Gans, but with an additional smooth radius on the inner edge to soften it

I think, my idea about the design of this type of frame isn't quite easy to perform.

Thank you all, for your effort in supporting me to find a solution for my request!

I think, I have to combine a lot of layers, masks and filters to achieve the desired result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it may be that the question was a little hard to understand, but as i saw it you you want the gradient to start a little bit mor outside of the middle so that the face is perfectly clear maybe? like this(?):bilden.jpg

to be honest i dont know if this is what you want (and it may be a little similar to the others), but the way you do this is as easy as this. you make a new layer and the put a gradient on it. you then make a layer mask and make your brush into an elipse. then you switch the brush colour to black and mark the part you want visible.

Skjermbilde 2017-03-09 kl. 10.25.47.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someway like this one?

haze.jpg

Edit your gradient for more or less density and/or the start and end point when applying.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again!

Thank you all, very very much!

I think, the proposal from Hans Martin Kristensen meets my expactations best. I will try out several justifications and I'm sure to get a result very close to my basic idea.

Fenja's proposal I will also try out, just with the definition of the gradient from transparent to white I am a bit unsure - but I am just starting with PS and I'm optimistic to find the correct settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines