• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from Lightroom 6.0 to 6.6 or newer - MAC - HELP

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really frustrated with Adobe in general. Hoping to get an answer from someone here instead.

1. I have a standalone version of Lightroom 6.0 for MAC.

2. I have a newer camera (Canon G7X Mark II) and I'm trying to import images in CR2 format to my version of Lightroom.

3. My version of Lightroom doesn't support that format and I the Adobe website says I need at minimum, version 6.6.

4. When I try to update via the LR menu, HELP>>UPDATES, I'm send to a popup creative cloud branded window but I don't see any updates for standalone LR.

Q: How or where can I update or upgrade my standalone version of Lightroom 6.0 to 6.6 or higher. I do not want the creative cloud version.

Please help!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

LR 6 (perpetual) and CC 2015 (cloud) are the same application. The difference is the licensing model and how you sign in.

Download the latest update to 6.9 from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Make sure your Mac OS version meets the requirements: System requirements for Photoshop Lightroom for Mac and Windows OS

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 6 (perpetual) and CC 2015 (cloud) are the same application. The difference is the licensing model and how you sign in.

Download the latest update to 6.9 from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Make sure your Mac OS version meets the requirements: System requirements for Photoshop Lightroom for Mac and Windows OS

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

I verified that my Mac meets the minimum requirements and I did try "update" Lightroom 6.9/2015.9 but got the following error:

Lightroom CC (2015.9) / 6.9

Update is not applicable. Error Code: U44M2P28

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 8.45.25 AM.png

Here is my version of Lightroom:

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 8.50.07 AM.png

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thank you for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure your Mac OS version is macOS 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan) or 10.12 (Sierra)?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again. Yes. This is my setup.

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 8.55.40 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, just wanted to make sure.

I suggest to remove LR, then reboot and start over with the 6.0 base installer, reboot and the apply the upgrade to 6.9.

Does the log say anything interesting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that tonight. I will report back if it works out! Thank you!

That's all I got from the log unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Lightroom 6.3 standalone and had the same problems as everyone else when I wanted to upgrade to accept the latest camera raw files. All Adobe seems to want us to do is CC and I cannot justify it. Yesterday, out of desperation I decided to try to download 6.9 over the top of my 6.3 and if everything turned to S*** I could always uninstall and reinstall my 6.3 CD. 

I had my serial no ready and Bingo, I downloaded the latest (6.9) and let it do as it wanted and install where it wanted - it went straight in and didn't even ask for my serial no. Why doesn't Adobe tell us this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is there to tell? That is the way it is supposed to work.  It did work. Do you expect Adobe to send out a message that says our update works the way it is supposed to? How else would you expect it to work? Sometimes individuals have problems with updates. Perhaps they misunderstand how the update should work. I don't know. Adobe tests their updates before they release them.  But they can't hold everyone's hand as they install the updates. I have run every update as it has been released, every update and upgrade since Lightroom 2. I have never encountered a problem with any of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines