• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS5 Plugins install failure

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to update the plugins on my CS5 design suite and every time it gets to 99% and then I get a failed message. This is driving me mad, I no longer have access to the acrobat pro functions either and all my colleagues indesign documents can only be viewed as idml? Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

this is an apple issue.  they failed to make sierra compatible with older software.

adobe's posted a work-around:  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have an incompatible (ie, newer than cs5) os?

[moved from Creative Cloud Download & Install to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest Mac operating system, but it does not allow updates on either my mac book pro or my desk top and they are different operating systems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your os is incompatible with older software so you can expect, at least, some problems.

ntl, you may be able to work around some of the problems.  how are you trying to update your plugins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am updating through the help tab on my ID software, which then links me through to the adobe site where it says that all of my platforms need updating and then I start the download and it reaches 99% then fails. I don't seem to be able to update anything, not even my acrobat pro, which is just the standard acrobat reader now?

Even when I have tried to do it individually, it says I have to buy a licence and will not accept my existing licence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update by downloading the files directly and then applying them:  http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunately when I do the manual download it then says that the pug in is damaged and I must eject the disk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be precise it says the patch installer is damaged and the disk must be ejected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is an apple issue.  they failed to make sierra compatible with older software.

adobe's posted a work-around:  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving this discussion to the InDesign forum.

Matty F what plug-ins are you attempting to install for InDesign CS5 under macOS 10.12.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines