• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Use sd card" greyed out

Contributor ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Samsung phone (S4) which is several years old. I also have a Samsung Tablet S2 which is 12 months old.

On my phone, Lightroom lets me "Use SD Card", whereas on the newer Tablet, "Use SD Card" is greyed out.

Any suggestions as to why?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bonalymac,

• Are you able to view all images from SD card in other apps?
  • Make sure that the card is not locked.
  • Have you tried restarting the tablet

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can see the disk and files on it on other progs. I've just transferred some pdfs. They open fine. So no the sd card is not locked, and yes I have re-started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Android that is doing that. On older Android devices you could access the MicroSD card as a drive when connected to a computer. With Android 4.2 or 4.2.2 you can no longer use the MicroSD card as a drive connected to your computer. They did this for security reasons. In fact IIRC you have to jump through some hoops to even address it on the mobile device. Like ROOT the device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was aware that there were issues, but I thought they could be resolved without rooting (not that I know anything about rooting. I know the term and the theory of what it involves, but no more).

I'm certainly not keen on rooting, but surely you would have thought that there was a way to get my images from Lightroom onto the sd card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines