• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected because of noise?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone explain why this was rejected because of noise? Thank you ahead of time!

HikeNoiseReduction3400.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say it was rejected due to overly aggressive noise removal. When viewed at full resolution and 100% zoom, everything in that image looks very smeared. I mean, look at this part. It almost looks like an artistic/oil paint filter has been applied:

smeary.jpg

There's no detail.

And the edges that do remain look over-sharpened. See this for an example:

oversharpening.jpg

Note that highlight on the outside/dark line on the inside? Very over-sharpened.

Also, look at the top of the image, you've got

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say it was rejected due to overly aggressive noise removal. When viewed at full resolution and 100% zoom, everything in that image looks very smeared. I mean, look at this part. It almost looks like an artistic/oil paint filter has been applied:

smeary.jpg

There's no detail.

And the edges that do remain look over-sharpened. See this for an example:

oversharpening.jpg

Note that highlight on the outside/dark line on the inside? Very over-sharpened.

Also, look at the top of the image, you've got a good chunk of it repeated at the top.

repeat.jpg

I don't know how that happened, but it's odd.

On top of all of that, it's not a very compelling image. Perhaps reframing it so that we don't see the path underneath the cameraman's feet and the people are in the lower left cross-mark (using the rule of thirds) would have been a better photo to take. Next time, consider photo composition when you're taking photos and not just trying to capture a moment. What I mean is, this is fine if you want to say, "Look where I've been" on Facebook, but it's not very useful in a stock library.

Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helps very much. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines