• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SWF file doesn't open like a book.

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I would like to make an SWF file using adobe creative cloud that opens like a book with turning pages. However, my front cover opens with a blank page to the left of it and so does the last page. Only the middle pages should be double page spreads. Any suggestions how to fix this please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you following a tutorial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am following quite a few tutorials but the one that gives the exact effect I want is:

https://youtu.be/Anid5V4hhFY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

It's expected behavior that a book written in English or another right-to-left-reading language would show its cover on a right-read page with a blank page to the left. The back cover should also be a single page, a left-read, with a blank page to the right.

Does that answer your concern, or am I misinterpreting your request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pariah Burke,

Thank you for your response. I have seen SWF files open like books on youtube where the front cover appears closed (as a single side) then opens into a double page spread and then closes like a book with a single cover again. I just can't see how to do it and I have set my file up in the same way as the youtube tutorials. Does that make more sense?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's not confidential, can you post your FLA somewhere? Also, give the briefest description of what isn't working correctly. We don't need to know the entire metaphor, saying that the first page is showing two pages would be enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Unfortunately it is confidential as it is a company document I am making so it wouldn't be appropriate to post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That example helps. Thank you.

It's exactly as I said earlier: to the left of the front cover is blank; to the right of the bacover is blank. They show white, which is set in the Export SWF options dialog @5:56 in the video.

How is your output differing from the video result? Can you possibly throw in some dummy content you could show in place of that confidential page content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines