• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Colour Presets I Lightroom 6

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my Lightroom 4 perpetual license to Lightroom 6 via download.  The initial download resulted in Version 6.0 only.  Nevertheless everything seemed intact including all the develop presets (both colour and B&W) included in Lightroom 4.  However, when I updated to Version 6.9 the colour presets disappeared and I can't find them anywhere.  When I go to Preferences, the Lightroom Presets folder within Develop Presets shows empty despite only the Colour Presets being missing in the side panel on Lightroom.  I note that other members of this forum have had similar problems but not quite the same as mine (e.g. all their Develop Presets have disappeared not just Colour Presets).

A solution to my particular problem would be appreciated, noting I'm only semi computer literate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Adobe CC downloaded a Lightroom update on my PC yesterday (2015.9), and after the upgrade, the "Lightroom Color Presets" dropdown was missing. However, I found all of the built-in Color Presets hiding under the "Lightroom B&W Filter Presets" dropdown, alongside the B&W presets that I've always had. In the screenshot below, anything that doesn't have the word "Filter" in the name is actually a Color Preset which used to be under a separate dropdown. Check to see if you find yours in the same plac

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't noticed if I am missing built-in develop presets from the upgrade to 2015.9 as i ignore most of them but this is what I have.  I wish the others would disappear or the user could get rid of them.  I don't want to be forced to have them cluttering up my preset menu.

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 4.49.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the same it's only the Colour Preset which is missing.  I don't use them a great deal myself but they can be useful for a quick and dirty develop.  My main concern is that features disappear without any notice/explanation.  What else has gone that I haven't noticed yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some time in version upgrades the default 'inbuilt' LR presets provided by Adobe changed from being visible and able to be copied in the Dev Presets folder, to being 'hard-wired' into the software program (and not possible to delete!). It is possible that the Colour Presets disappeared with that change.

Is it worth experimenting by re-installing Lr4 to see if the missing Colour Presets re-appear, and can be copied and saved with the OS for use with Lr6?

I still have a list of 27 presets that I do not remember where they came from!

ScreenShot158.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!  You appear to be right about the Dev Presets "being 'hard-wired' into the software program".  However. mikeg2112 has revealed that the Colour Presets are now included under the Lightroom B&W Filter Presets (see above).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CC downloaded a Lightroom update on my PC yesterday (2015.9), and after the upgrade, the "Lightroom Color Presets" dropdown was missing. However, I found all of the built-in Color Presets hiding under the "Lightroom B&W Filter Presets" dropdown, alongside the B&W presets that I've always had. In the screenshot below, anything that doesn't have the word "Filter" in the name is actually a Color Preset which used to be under a separate dropdown. Check to see if you find yours in the same place.

2017-03-08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, the mystery has been solved!  The Colour Presets are indeed now mixed in with the B&W Filter Presets (I never dreamt to look for them there).  Unfortunately, although they can be copied to a new folder, they can't be deleted from the "hard-wired" folder.  This something Adobe could look at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that was an error on Adobe's part in this latest upgrade, since there's no reason why those Color Presets should be in the "B&W Filter" group. Like you, I thought they just disappeared, and then I started looking inside of all of the dropdowns to see if anything else had changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is funny, I just realize too, since I used this color preset a lot with my LR Mobile.

JSJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has acknowledged this bug in 2015.9 / 6.9 and says it will be fixed in an upcoming update: Re: Color presets moved after update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My presets are also missing, but they are not mixed in under any other section as mentioned here. I have also tried the checking and then unhecking the store with catalog option, and nothing changed. All of my presets are gone, and i have been using them in every catalog for years. I don't know where to find them all again, and Adobe seems to only have this forum to get help, so I am hoping someone can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will find a lot of info at this link that may provide clues- and see the page links at the base of the lenscraft article also.

https://lenscraft.co.uk/tutorial-organizing-lightroom-presets/

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/lightroom-cc6-default-locations/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines