• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to activate lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to activate Lightroom on my second laptop using a serial number.  I've tried all of these steps: Error: "The serial number is not valid for this product" | Adobe Creative Suite .

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Describe what happens when you try. If there is an error message, please quote the exact unedited word-for-word error message.

What version number of Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message says, "The serial number you entered is invalid. Please try again.  If the problem persists, contact customer support."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your serial number 24 digits, 6 groups of 4 digits, no letters, beginning with 1160? Answer YES or NO, do not type your serial number in here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where exactly did this serial number come from? From what version, the number, of LR does it go with, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5?

Are you installing the LR version that the serial number goes with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Adobe Lightroom 6 to match the version that I have on my other computer with the serial number.  The downloaded version actually doesn't say "6." It says "Adobe Lightroom CC." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download and install Lightroom 6 (Single App license)

Try step 11 onwards to convert CC to version 6 standalone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines