• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfqueryparam inside a cfif

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2008 Aug 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the process of adding <cfquerypram> tags to all my URL & FORM query variables (to protect against recent SQL injection attacks) and have come up against a few challenges. If one of those form/URL variables are a condition within a <cfif> statement, is it vulnerable to any attacks? Please see code examples 1 & 2.

Also, how do I handle wrapping the following item in the <cfqueryparam> tag: NumberFormat(Shipping,'99999.99')? Please see code example 3 for my first attempt at it (which throws an error).

Thanks!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Aug 28, 2008 Aug 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
pja5362 wrote:
> If one of those form/URL variables are a condition within a <cfif> statement, is it vulnerable to any attacks?
> Please see code examples 1 & 2.

I cannot say it is invulnerable to _any_ attacks, but #2 seems like a reasonable approach. It does not use any of the user supplied values directly in the sql. That and the fact that you have set up a default "cfelse" case to handle any attempts to pass invalid values. Though personally I prefer switch/case myself. But that is just me.

> Please see code example 3 for my first attempt at it (which throws an error).
> <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="CF_SQL_INTEGER" value="#NumberFormat(Shipping,'99999.99')#"/>

If your value has decimal places, then CF_SQL_INTEGER is probably the wrong data type.

> <cfif #form.condition2# IS "less"><<cfelseif #form.condition2# IS "exactly">=<cfelse>></cfif>

BTW, you do not need the extra # signs.

> <cfif Evaluate("Hidden_#counter#") IS "on">
> -1
> <cfelseif Evaluate("Hidden_#counter#") IS "">
> 0
> </cfif>

As an aside
1) The default <cfelse> case is missing. So the query would fail if the value was something other than "on" or "".
2) Evaluate is probably unnecessary. You can use array notation to reference dynamic variable names:

#FORM["hidden_"& counter]#

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation