• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error #23

Contributor ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to upload a project (due in less than 20h! ) and I keep getting an error message. "An error occurred while uploading your document. Please try again." Error #23. It's not telling me what's causing it, how I can fix it, and I can't really test that out, since it only bothers to tell me there's an error after the 20 minute wait for it to try and upload itself. Can anyone give me a quick hand here? I'm starting to panic.

Ethan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it help if you log out of your CC desktop application, and then log back in?

Safariss_002.png

Safariss_003.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it continues to fail, I may try that, but I don't know if it's linked to my Adobe account. I removed all of the embedded MP4 files in the document, and it uploaded flawlessly in about 3 minutes. Right now, I'm adding the videos back one by one to see if one of them is causing the issue. It could also be my university's slow internet speed, since just adding one video back into it has already caused an increase of around 5 minutes to the upload time. I'll post whether or not this works, or just any updates on the problem. Thank you so much for the rapid reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. I love your systematic approach. And your willingness to report back.

I found a resource that may help, but I think what you are doing makes sense.

Upload error while publishing InDesign document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added one video, and it successfully uploaded, though much slower. I added a second video, and it was successful again, just much slower. I added my third video, and it failed to upload, giving me error message #23 again. It doesn't matter what video I add to it; it still gives me the error message. I'll try your method of contacting Adobe with this document and see if they have any ideas for me. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to downsample the videos (you can use Adobe Media Encoder - comes with the Creative Cloud). Often Publish Online stalls with large videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't that lower the resolution? My professors said that they won't accept anything lower than 4K resolution when it comes to the final showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know, because I haven't tested. Publish Online may not be able to support the file size which you need for your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even with downsizing the documents, it still gets to 97%, stops for 10 minutes or so, then gives me Error #23. I'm going to chalk it up to the University's internet for now, and maybe attempt it when I am back home on leave. Thank you both for such rapid and detailed responses, especially since I was under pressure! I have 3 or 4 backup plans set up for my presentation tomorrow, including YouTube links, OneDrive files, an Interactive PDF (which I found out has to be opened in Acrobat DC to display properly), a partial InDesign Online  Document (which has two of the four videos I need, and they happen to be the two most important ones), and a flash drive. Again, thank you so much, you helped turn panic into peace, and if this question hasn't been closed by a moderator by the time I come back from spring break, I'll post more of my findings, just in case anybody else has the same struggle that I have.

Ethan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines