• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index for my Document: Ff.lowing from Topic list to Index Pages

Engaged ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have complete populating my index topic list with index entries and sub-entries.

Would one of you please point me to the inDesign Index Pages or other Forum, or to another resource where I can gain insight  into the process of flowing entries from the topic list into the document's index pages, begining at a specific page number.

[Moved from the Community Help Application​ forum (a support forum for a now-defunct application for creating help systems) and into an InDesign forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make sure I understand what you mean:

Do you want to start indexing from a certain page in your document (ignoring the pages before that)?

or

Do you want to place your index text at a specific page in your document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to index the document beginning at the first page, and ending at the last page. I have already created my topic list. All that remains now is to flow the text from the topic list to the index pages. That is the step for which I cannot find instructions. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O

Hi,

did you try "Generate Index...' from the Option menu of the Index panel?

You get a text cursor ready to place your text in a page, similar to the Table of Content process.

Screenshot 2017-03-09 09.15.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jack,

Did you find success with Eric's suggestion? Let us know if you need any more help.

Best,

Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines