• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

inDesign formatting linked psd files strangely after export

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am relatively new to inDesign and after exporting a pdf, all my linked files look exactly the same as they do in the pdf I exported, which is very different from the original inDesign project. Some of the files also have a weird aspect ratio when scrolling through, but then correct themselves in fullscreen mode, like so:

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 11.42.37 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-09 at 11.50.40 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-09 at 11.50.49 AM.png

In general all of the linked psd files are now very pixelated, whereas before they looked exactly how they did in the photoshop. It seems as if inDesign has converted all the files to that of the pdf. When I replace the psd files with new photoshop pdf files the issue is corrected and they look high resolution again, with the correct color. I should probably also mention that the inDesign file is CMYK, whereas all my files are RGB and I exported to RGB (that's probably the issue that's happening in the second photo). But in general what's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Hi apfelstroodel,

I think, that's a known bug with GPU acceleration with InDesign CC 2017 on Mac OSX.
If you turn off GPU acceleration ( Rocket symbol ) it should work as expected.

Engineers are working to fix the bug.

Note: I cannot test this, because I am on an old MacBook Pro without much GPU memory.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi apfelstroodel,

I think, that's a known bug with GPU acceleration with InDesign CC 2017 on Mac OSX.
If you turn off GPU acceleration ( Rocket symbol ) it should work as expected.

Engineers are working to fix the bug.

Note: I cannot test this, because I am on an old MacBook Pro without much GPU memory.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Uwe is right, you can test by choosing View > CPU Preview to test it. The command toggles between View > GPU Preview and View > CPU Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip! I am so lost in this program some times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Uwe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines