Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with ICC profile & graphic processor

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've got a problem with Lightroom 2015.8 on Mac OS 10.11.6 (El Capitan).

I usually work with the graphic processor turned OFF because it causes a strange behaviour when I turn on

the highlight clipping, the edges between clipped part of the image and not clipped are redenre wrongly, as you can see

in the following screenshot

CORRECT RENDER

rgbprofile_graphic off.png

WRONG RENDER

rgbprofile_graphic on.png

I could easily work with the graphic processor turned off (even though this seems a strange behaviour)

but If I leave graphic processor off there's another problem with the ICC profile.

I've created a print profile but when I turn it on with graphic processor turned off, the white clipped part

of the image turns gray. Tried different profiles (ICC version2 and 4 and matrix vs table) but didn't solved the issue

(table ICC profile v4 solved the problem but I'm not happy with the result).

Here's the screenshots

PRINT PROFILE (CORRECT RENDER)

printprofile_graphicon.png

PRINT PROFILE (WRONG RENDER)

printprofile_graphicoff.png

Tried with Mac Pro (AMD graphic card) and iMac (Nvidia graphic card) but both get same results.

Any way to solve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

I don't think this has anything to do with the graphics processor. It looks to me like the highlight clipping indicator is enabled and the red is showing that your highlights are being clipped. Try adjusting exposure or highlights, or disable the clipping indicator by clicking the little box in the upper right-hand corner of the histogram. I really suspect that if you turn off that indicator that red will go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gianni,

Did you try updating Lightroom to version 2015.9?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud app doesn't show me the update, do I need to download it from Adobe website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this has anything to do with the graphics processor. It looks to me like the highlight clipping indicator is enabled and the red is showing that your highlights are being clipped. Try adjusting exposure or highlights, or disable the clipping indicator by clicking the little box in the upper right-hand corner of the histogram. I really suspect that if you turn off that indicator that red will go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the 2015.9 update but didn't solved the issue.

@JimHess the problem is not the red indicator, I know that turning it off the red goes away.

The problem is that the clipping indicator shows different things (look at the edges) when turned on or off, the right one is with graphic processor turned off. The following problem is that with graphic processor turned off Lightroom shows me the white areas as gray when using a custom ICC profile and this doesn't happen with graphic processor turned on, but that brings us to the first problem.

PS: I've tried to recreate the profile with i1profiler + i1display, keeping the same settings as the fault one but only changing from table to matrix and with this one the "gray" problem is solved, but I'm not very happy with the results of the calibration (the table profile is much better).

Every solution I try has some tradeoff that bothers me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you sample the gray area with the white balance tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Gianni+Baccega  wrote

The Creative Cloud app doesn't show me the update, do I need to download it from Adobe website?

You can try signing out from the creative cloud application manager and then sign back in. If that doesn't show the update then you can download it from the following website:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

The updates are available under the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 link on thatThe screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to update but didn't solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines