• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Left-handed artist - swipe to undo

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else have a problem with the "left-swipe" to undo? As a left-hander, I find I'm undoing my work every time I try to pan across the screen, as the left-handed swipe is my instinctive action. I've tweeted Adobe, emailed them, commented on Facebook threads and given feedback in online surveys asking for there to be an option to switch off the left-hand swipe to undo; I've had sympathy, compassion and expressions of understanding ... but no useful response or attempt at a solution. I use Adobe Ideas for my portraits and will have to swap soon, as Ideas is no longer supported. I cannot switch to Draw without a resolution of this problem - please, has anyone any ideas on how to resolve this myself or get it across to Adobe that at least 10% of its users will be left-handed. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Julia.

I'm not super happy that you're forced to use another app in the meantime but I for sure understand the need. I'll also let the team know that you've had to switch apps until something is changed with that particular gesture.

Thanks for all the details.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lalupes.

Since you mentioned it, and since I handle pretty much all the email that comes in about the apps, and I don't remember ever emailing with you, I checked... and I actually found a couple of old emails (one from 2014 and one from 2015) from you mentioning this exact problem. Unfortunately, they were before my time in this position, so I suspect they may never have made it to the product team (it doesn't appear that anyone responded).

Here's what I know:

This particular gesture receives a lot of comments. It's not a popular one.

The entire gesture system is being redesigned/reconsidered right now... and the left-swipe-undo is part of that. What I don't know is when any changes might make it into the app. So I can't really give you much information in that regard. Since I don't think they ever got that far, I will in the meantime share your comments (as a left-handed artist) with the product team because I'm not certain that the gesture has been considered from this point-of-view.

I hope that helps a bit.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Sue. That's the first comprehensive answer I've had and I find it very reassuring. I'll keep checking for updates and keep my fingers crossed. I've started using Tayasui Sketches Pro, as there's an option to have a swipe gesture or an undo button, and I've chosen the button. My portraits have a distinctive style which only Adobe Ideas achieves, though, so I'm really hoping to be able to switch to Adobe Draw when this is resolved. Thank you so much for bringing this to the attention of the Product Team.

All the best

Julia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julia.

I'm not super happy that you're forced to use another app in the meantime but I for sure understand the need. I'll also let the team know that you've had to switch apps until something is changed with that particular gesture.

Thanks for all the details.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a lefty i can say i often make a line in sted of going a step back.

It might just be my fingers that is not in sync but it happens quite often for me.

By the way, how to i put the tools in the right side? In the old days i could choose where the tools was placed? I cant find it anymore.

Is the option removed?

(Sorry for the bonus question)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI HalogenBarn.

To move the toolbar from the left to the right side of the screen, tap the Settings icon in the lower nav. Then, from the menu that opens choose Preferences. You'll see the option to move the toolset in the next menu.

As I mentioned previously, the drawing teams are looking at a redesign of gestures in the app because a lot of people have problems with the Undo/Redo swipes; but, it could be a while before those changes make it into the drawing apps. Does the Undo icon (curved arrow in the upper nav) work for you (I remember one left-hander saying that wasn't super comfortable either)?

I'll share your left-handed perspective comments with the product team.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone !

sue, thanks for helping.

As a lefty, I desperately need to move my toolbar from the left to the right side of the screen when I use Adobe Draw on my iPad.  it’s not the undo that gets me, it’s the fact that every time I try and draw my tools change! 

However, when I tap the settings icon, there is no option for preferences. The settings icon is on the upper right corner of the screen not in the “lower nav” as you suggest  (?? where is the lower nav??).  What am I doing wrong?

I have attached a screenshot for you. Can you help?? Thank you so much!

KittyA7CE6483-9610-48E7-A719-256E7BB16741.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update-OK, I found the preferences menu from the projects page! Rather than from within the drawing 🙂 so that question is answered, but-please look at this next screen shot-I went ahead and move my toolbar to the right side of the screen, but as you can see, now I have to deal with my layers which will change every time I put my hand down. Can you please make an option for lefties where the left side of the screen is free from these tools and layers? Maybe put the layers on the bottom? That would be very helpful! Thank you.

977C9015-4AAB-4CBD-B21E-CC5ACF50E2CC.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kity.

Glad you found the preference setting for the brush set.

You can temporarily hide your layers thumbnails by tapping the Layers icon (three stacked squares) in the upper nav of an open drawing.

Will that help?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines