• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where do i put the photo credit when i am using photos on social media

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to be using the photos on social media and in articles that i am writing and co writing. Exactly what do i need to put on the photo? how big does it have to be and can it be written in a comment somewhere or does it have to be on the photo? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Hi Lolita,

The photo credit needs to be put directly on the image in a visible location and must read © artist name - stock.adobe.com

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lolita,

The photo credit needs to be put directly on the image in a visible location and must read © artist name - stock.adobe.com

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sheena Kaul 

thanks for your help in this community.

But do you have a link to the licensing terms for this information – to put the credit line directly on the image and not separately in the article/post where the image appears?

I've found only this information:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/help/usage-licensing.html#:~:text=do%20i%20need%20to%20add%20a%20photo...

Thanks a lot!

mycc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have resurrected a 6 year old post, and apparently the old advice therein is no longer applicable. The help page that you linked is correct. Attribution is only required on Illustrative Editorial images. However you can still provide attribution anyway in the comment area of your social media post if you wish to do so.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response – 6 years later 😉

I was aware of this. But as I can see from your reply, it's never too late!

Therefore: Thanks!

Now we have to find a plate within the image to insert the credit line. But maybe in some versions of this image for various outputs it could  be unreadable. No one solution for every purpose ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now we have to find a plate within the image to insert the credit line. But maybe in some versions of this image for various outputs it could  be unreadable. No one solution for every purpose ...

By @my cc

Common-sense says, it needs to be readable on a common-sense device/support.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attribution is only required on Illustrative Editorial images.

By @Jill_C

Sorry, this advice is not correct. You need to give credit as soon as the asset is used in an editorial way. The asset does not necessarily be part of the “editorial use only” collection. Editorial use only assets can be used only in an editorial setting.

Editorial use only assets cannot be used in an advert, as a background image on your website, etc.

You really need to sense the use correctly, to know if you need to credit.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started