• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

audio cutting out

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i switched out audio of a previous project with longer audio file (1 min longer) but the sound stops at the original audio length end.

(cs6 pc windows)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you make the comp longer?  You can't hear audio beyond the end of the comp.  Change it in the comp settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the project i opened (that i made) stopped/ended at 2:40 (min:sec) I have made all the comps go to 10 min (i did it through the comp settings (all individually), and the final project. The audio that I added is 3:37 sec long. I did both a ram preview and rendered it , but the audio and all effects linked to the keyframes for the audio all stop at 2:40

i dont know how to fix this, but i can redo it all if i have to (but i dont want to)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All righty then!

It's pretty plain from the terminology you use that you don't have a firm grasp on what you're doing.

That happens a lot!  As in, "about ten times a week".  People get AE thinking, "how tough can this be?", and they immediately get lost. Because AE is so complicated and quirky,  the answer to the "how tough" question is, "extremely tough!".  So there's this learning system in place, and it works pretty well.

Rather than wasting our time and yours with a constant back-and-forth barrage of questions & answers,  Adobe has thoughtfully made these dealies called "Basic Tutorials".  People run them, learn basic things, and get better and better as they go along.  They learn AE terminology, which makes communication a lot clearer.  And in time, people get pretty good at AE.

So how do I get those Basic Tutorials, Dave?

Lucky you!  You'll find 'em right here:

After Effects tutorials

You learn AE step-by-step.  You don't jump into the deep end of the pool right away.  If you try, you'll be wearing lead weights, which is no good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without knowing a lot more about the template you downloaded, it is going to be hard to offer any better advice than what Dave just suggested.

Templates can be very complex. Changing the length of some of them is nearly impossible for a beginner. It's frustrating enough as an expert with over a decade of experience (that's why I rarely use them - I always want to change stuff and, in the long run, it's faster for me to just build the whole thing myself).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines