• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash In Progress <GPUManager>

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open Adobe After Effects CS6 it gets interrupted with a notification like thisCapture2.PNG

All I know about my computer is that I'm using a Rx 470 graphics card and I think that's causing many of the problems that I'm having on my computer (that's not related to Adobe After Effects). If this helps to figure out my problem and how to fix it, here's another screenshot of a different software that won't respond and launch (this started happening on the same day AE started getting problems)Capture3.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Yes. I found out that the problem was not related to After Effects. I tried downloading my AMD graphics card driver as I saw it wasn't there and everything started working normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without more specific details nobody can tell you much, but perhaps you might want to spend some time on your Radeon control panel. It seems to me that you might need to spend some time and disable some features to "dumb things down" like turning off some OpenGL extensions or setting the level lower (in case of AE CS6, OGL 2.1 would suffice). Same might apply to your otehr crashes. Current Radeon models even have specific acceleration features for 2D window drawing and the like, which may not go down wel lwith legacy versions of programs...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi VolnurableOFCL,

Did you ever solve this issue? Please let us know the details so that we know you're OK and for the education of others.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I found out that the problem was not related to After Effects. I tried downloading my AMD graphics card driver as I saw it wasn't there and everything started working normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for following up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines