• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tagging types of keywords outside of hierarchy

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a hierarchy of locations in keywords:  eg; Continent, country, city.

I'd like to be able to find all city keywords across all countries or a list of all countries.  Can I tag "types" of keywords somehow?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the Filter Bar. If it isn't shown, at the top of the Library module screen, press the \ key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark_A  wrote

I have a hierarchy of locations in keywords:  eg; Continent, country, city.

I'd like to be able to find all city keywords across all countries or a list of all countries.  Can I tag "types" of keywords somehow?

Thanks

If I am understanding you properly, there is no such thing as tagging types of keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i think you are understanding me correctly.  i guess the only type of tag is "person"  although I don't know where that is then used.

I was hoping I could tag in other ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i guess the only type of tag is "person"  although I don't know where that is then used.

LR's face tagging creates keywords of type "person".

I was hoping I could tag in other ways.

As dj_paige indicated, unfortunately not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered using the IPTC location metadata fields for location, city, state, country along with smart collections?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point-  is there a way to automatically fill those up or do it in batch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use the Library Filter bar's Metadata browser to quickly search the location fields (faster than creating smart collections).

You can set a batch of photos to have the same City by selecting all the photos in the batch and then entering the city in the City field of the Metadata panel (using the Location tagset).  Ditto for Country, State/Province, etc.

The Search Replace Transfer plugin can batch-copy from your keyword hierarchy to the Location fields and vice versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines