Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project Settings:

AE CC 2015.3 (13.8.0.144)

1920x1080

Square Pixel

Running on maxed out Mac Pro Trash Can.

I have had this issue before but have decided to ask about it. This font works fine in Photoshop but when the font is used in AE it throws these line in between characters. I have had this happen with other fonts as well.

Tried 8-32bit and nothing. Last resort is having to mask them out which is time consuming.

Font: Have Heart One

https://creativemarket.com/SamParrett/344738-Have-Heart

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 11.34.44 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Workflow and project details, Version of AE and OS down to the last decimal point would help us diagnose the problem, but I can tell you that there was a bug that created these kinds of artifacts that was fixed in an update.

When you have problems the first thing to do is to select the layer giving you problems and press the u key twice to view all modified properties. Then, if you expect you may be having hardware or display errors, open up the preferences and turn on or off hardware accelerati

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workflow and project details, Version of AE and OS down to the last decimal point would help us diagnose the problem, but I can tell you that there was a bug that created these kinds of artifacts that was fixed in an update.

When you have problems the first thing to do is to select the layer giving you problems and press the u key twice to view all modified properties. Then, if you expect you may be having hardware or display errors, open up the preferences and turn on or off hardware acceleration, or of you are using anything other than the Classic 3D rendering engine switch back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running El Captain (10.11.6)

No effects are being used. It's just a font layer on a blank canvas.

We are working with our IT dept to get everyone updated but its a process. I was hoping that there was possibly a quick work around.

I'll give the hardware acceleration option a shot. Thanks Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Tom+Irwin  wrote

AE CC 2015.3 (13.8.0.144)

You should consider updating. Maybe not to CC 2017, but at least to 13.8.1

Although, you might like to try it CC 2017. Remember, if you choose the advanced options during install of newer versions, you can keep your old versions around too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to update. We have to check compatibility with all our plugins to make sure they work before we commit. I was hoping there was possibly a quick work around. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also note, you will need to reinstall some of your plugins with the latest installers. I know Red Giant Plugins need this, but it's always a good idea regardless when you install a new version.

For what it's worth, I would push to get someone testing the newer version in your workflow sooner rather than later. CC 2017 has been a significantly smoother experience for me than CC 2015.3 was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But, if you don't want to go full CC 2017 yet (which I would understand), the 13.8.1 update might fix the issue. (I don't remember which update fixed it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember, if you choose the advanced options during install of newer versions, you can keep your old versions around too.

Download and install Creative Cloud apps

See especially: "Note: By default, when you install a new Creative Cloud app it removes the previous versions of the app on your computer. If you want to keep your previous versions installed, click Advanced Options and deselect the Remove old versions check box in the update confirmation dialog box."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines