• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

initialization error installing 24.0.0.221

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get installation error ("Application Initialization Error") when trying to install Flash Player 24.0.0221

[Moved from non-technical Lounge Forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi d30817

What operating system is this on and what is the name of the installer file you are using?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10.

Although I gave you the error message, I have attached a picture of those words.Flash Player error.jpg

Here is the installer

Flash Player Installer.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'll need to get the installation log files from you to troubleshoot the 'application initialization error'.  Please provide the following log files:

• Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs.
  • FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.  If this is a 64-bit OS there is another FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash.  Both files are required from a 64-bit OS.

Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document​.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

As an alternative, you can try using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section, however, without the installation log files we can't troubleshoot why the initialization error is occurring.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi d30817 ,

Thank you for providing the log files.  The Initialization error is being returned because the certificate, for the installer, cannot be verified:

03/08/17 17:08:41:659 | [INFO] |  | ADM |  | ApplicationContext |  |  | 10680 | GetIEProxyInfo - Failed to get proxy for the url, error:12180

03/08/17 17:08:42:264 | [WARN] |  | ADM |  | ApplicationContext | HTTPSend |  | 10680 | Certificate not matching.

03/08/17 17:08:42:264 | [FATAL] |  | ADM |  | WorkflowManager | HTTPConnectorError |  | 10680 | Error occurred while getting application xml: -4 extended error: 0

03/08/17 17:08:44:445 | [ERROR] |  | ADM |  | ApplicationContext | IPCCommunications |  | 5768 | Error CB_PktID_Terminate

Do you use a proxy server, or a network traffic monitor software such as Wireshark or Charles Proxy?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I do not use a proxy server. How do I fix the certificate issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will forward the log files and information to the online installer team.  In the interim, can you please post a screenshot of your systems Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window?

Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections tab > LAN Settings

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ScreenHunter_61 Mar. 09 13.45.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi d30817

Thank you very much.  I'll forward this information to the online installer team. In the mean time you can use the offline installer I link to in my second reply.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see the second message with the offline installer link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As an alternative, you can try using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section, however, without the installation log files we can't troubleshoot why the initialization error is occurring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines