• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 crashes when upgrading the catalog

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help..I am having trouble downloading Lightroom 6 on a PC..I already have 5. It appears to download but errors at the end when it tries to merge the catelog. I have re-booted and tried  the download a couple times. I have a screen shot of the error??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Thank you for the assistance. I was nervous resetting preferences and possibly altering my catalog or worse with my limited knowledge. . I did click thru to "Still need help" and got assistance via remote in. Was told it was a Graphic card setting that was keeping 6 from opening. Working now. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the error message is in english, post that screenshot.

otherwise, quote the text in the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture lightroom.JPGCapture lightroom 6.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for helping..Reset preferences in Lightroom 5?  To default? I can't open Lightroom 6..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset the preferences of the crashing program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Do you have a fee that you could remote in and do these steps? Makes me nervous about damaging or losing the existing catalog in 5? I am not very knowledgeable about preferences. If I only delete the 6 Preference.  (per your link) maybe I do not have to worry about the 5 catalog??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, the only people that charge a fee to help in this forum are scammers that try to connect by skype.  do not connect.

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop Lightroom forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the assistance. I was nervous resetting preferences and possibly altering my catalog or worse with my limited knowledge. . I did click thru to "Still need help" and got assistance via remote in. Was told it was a Graphic card setting that was keeping 6 from opening. Working now. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ...I was having trouble opening Lightroom 6 a few weeks ago..Eventually I  followed your advise "still need help" and got Adobe to remote in and fix an issue. The same issue has surfaced again. I have a case number to reference(0188676351) But I can not find "Still need help" to connect to a Chat. Any tips??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Martinf67627051 I would recommend you use an alternate web browser, smartphone, or tablet to contact our support team.  If you are not receiving the option to chat with a member of our support team at Contact Customer Care then it is due to the security settings or installed extensions in the current web browser.  You may want to discontinue using the web browser completely if you experience similar behavior on other web sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff..I am using the same web browser and computer I used when I chatted a few weeks ago?? IE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to chat via the old case number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes Martinf67627051 you will want to reference your previous case number.  The security settings can have been changed at any time at any time Martinf67627051.

If you still face difficulties contacting our support team at Contact Customer Care then I would strongly recommend using a smartphone or tablet to initiate the interaction.  You may also want to review the settings of any installed security software to verify it is not causing any other unexpected behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines