• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scripts and actions

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a couple of scripts from knowhowtransfer. They are  for sharpening and retouching. They are very fast but I have to click a button for every picture. This is not what I can really do because I am working as a portrait photographer in kindergardens where I have to deal with thousands of pictures. I need actions working for me applying certain things automatically to many pictures.

Here is my question: Is there a way to automate a click of a button to start the scripts? I am very excited about any answer because I found nothing so far.

Best Regards

Frank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

In addition to Chuckā€™s suggestions, there is also the ā€œScript Events Managerā€ than can trigger a script or action to run when a specific event is met ā€“ such as opening a fileā€¦ so no need to press a button!

Scripts can have almost any keyboard shortcut applied to them if you do wish to press buttons.

Actions can reference scripts and scripts can reference actions:

Prepression: Photoshop ā€“ Scripting Actions?

However, if you have to process many images in a short amount of time, I would be looking at a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It all depends on the script. You can create an action that runs the script, then use image processor to batch run the action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to Chuckā€™s suggestions, there is also the ā€œScript Events Managerā€ than can trigger a script or action to run when a specific event is met ā€“ such as opening a fileā€¦ so no need to press a button!

Scripts can have almost any keyboard shortcut applied to them if you do wish to press buttons.

Actions can reference scripts and scripts can reference actions:

Prepression: Photoshop ā€“ Scripting Actions?

However, if you have to process many images in a short amount of time, I would be looking at a ā€œparametric image editing workflowā€ such as found in Adobe Camera Raw or Adobe Lightroom, at least as a starting point and then I would only ā€œedit pixelsā€ where necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines