• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I export my computer shuts off

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am exporting my finish pictures my computer keeps turn it off.  I have tried a couple different folder which each folder is larger than 100  pictures.  I tried 2 small folders to see what the outcome would be. Each folder had less than 25 pictures and the computer did not turn off

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A computer shutting off usually means a HARDWARE problem, most likely it is overheating.  The new update 2015.9/6.9 has a quicker and probably a more efficient export and may not overheat but the computer probably needs checked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate you taking the time out to help me. My hard drive is a solid-state drive. My computer does not shut down for no other reason then when I'm exporting my finish pictures

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting uses a lot of CPU power which may lead to overheating, so check that the cooling fan is working properly, and that the air intake is not clogged up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All intake is been vacuumed and cleaned recently all fans are working and I have a coolant system as well. If it overheats when I am exporting in Lightroom  shouldn't it overheat when I'm using other software as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not necessarily. Lightroom can push your computer harder than most other programs.There are several free apps that monitor internal temperatures. You could run one while doing a large export and see what happens.

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of LR are you using (5.x, 6.x, CC 2015.x)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using LR6 my CPU was overheating. I updated the bios and it stopped overheating. Thank you for taking the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines