Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not seeing LR 2015.9 update in Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not seeing the Lightroom 2015.9 update in Creative Cloud. It updated to the latest version of Camera Raw (9.9) but Lightroom is still on 2015.8. I have tried signing out a few times, checking for updates and even re-installing Creative Cloud. No luck. Could anybody please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

samirkilachand  wrote

Ok, so uninstalled LR CC 2015.8. Restarted my Mac and re-installed to 2015.9.

No.

Yes uninstall 2015.8, and do that from the CC DTA, and then reinstall it from the CC DTA.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the following webpage and click on Lightroom 6.  You will see the updates. The Lightroom CC 2015.9 update is the same installer as for Lightroom 6 .9. Just download the installer and run it.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I downloaded the 2015.9 update and tried to install it. It says the Adobe Application manager may be damaged. When I click on the link in the dialog box it takes me to the Creative Cloud Desktop app. I have tried re-installing it but same problem. I tried downloading the full Lightroom 6 package but when I click on install it says installer failed to initialize there may be a file missing.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim has you pointed in a good direction.

Alternatively, if you sign out and back in using the CC Desktop app, this usually gets the updates properly loaded if they were not done before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

samirkilachand  wrote

No.

Yes uninstall 2015.8, and do that from the CC DTA, and then reinstall it from the CC DTA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats what I meant to say. Did that from CC DTA and it worked. I have 2015.9 and its retained all my settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be no need to uninstall LR CC 2015.8, just run the update application. The update is a patch it is not the full application.

If you uninstall then you have to first install LR CC 2015 then the update to 2015.9.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this over 5 times and did not work for me. Had to uninstall and reinstall via the Creative Cloud Desktop App. First time this has happened to me. Have been using LR for the past 5 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried several times uninstalling through the DTA, then reinstalling and it only installs the first version, but doesn't mention a need to update?

I was running 2015.8 but had the same issue as the OP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After uninstalling, reboot. Then sign out of the CC DTA. Sign back in. It should find the latest LR update. Try re-installing. This worked for me. Alternatively, as mentioned you can directly download the 2015.9 update from the website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines