Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accessible PDFs Navigation Link Error

Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am converting Word 2016 documents to Accessible PDFs.  Have converted hundreds of them, no problem.  Recently, with one document I got a [Page Content issue - Navigation links - needs manual check] message when I run the full check.  I cannot get to the bottom of this.  I can cut out a title page and I lose the message.  I can leave the title page in and change line spacing on page 5 and lose the message.  This is a mystery to me.  There seems to be something I cannot see within the Word doc that is causing the error.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"needs manual check" messages from the accessibility checker are not errors - just friendly reminders that not all accessibility checks can be automated. Many require knowledgeable human inspection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I get that and I have to do that for reading order and color contrast

at times. But in this case, I don't know how to do a manual check for

navigation links. I have no knowledgeable human inspection expertise in

this area. Do you?

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 10:13 AM, a_C_student <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Click the link. See if goes where it is supposed to. Also, experience the document using a screen reader like JAWS or NVDA, or in a screen reader emulator like Callas PDFgoHTML, VIP, or PAC - does the link (and the rest of the document) make sense when read but not seen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines