• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw Files [How to open Raw files from Panasonic GX8 in LR6?]

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased Lightroom 6. I have it on my Mac and my Pc Laptop. I am unable to open the Raw files from my GX8 so not able to convert or view in Lightroom or Elements 12. I have tried to update Lightroom 6 but does not seem to update.Can you help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

I have the GX8.  Marvelous camera!

Lightroom adds new cameras on regular updates.  For the GX8 you need Lightroom 6.11.  You should find an "Update" choice in the help menu.  If not, there are other ways.  If you do it today, I think you'll get Lightroom 6.9.

For Photoshop Elements, you can't update the "Adobe Camera Raw" portion past 8.5 and you need 9.1.1.  You will have to upgrade to a current version to open RAW files directly in Photoshop Elements.

However, since you have Lightroom, once you u

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the GX8.  Marvelous camera!

Lightroom adds new cameras on regular updates.  For the GX8 you need Lightroom 6.11.  You should find an "Update" choice in the help menu.  If not, there are other ways.  If you do it today, I think you'll get Lightroom 6.9.

For Photoshop Elements, you can't update the "Adobe Camera Raw" portion past 8.5 and you need 9.1.1.  You will have to upgrade to a current version to open RAW files directly in Photoshop Elements.

However, since you have Lightroom, once you update it, the "Edit in...Photoshop Elements" routine will work because it sends a TIFF or PSD file to PSE with all the RAW corrections you make. 

Another alternative is to install the FREE Adobe DNG (Digital Negative Converter).  The current version will convert your GX8 RAW files to Adobe RAW (".DNG") files. 

Not related, but a fun thing to do with the GX8 is to shoot a 4K video clip.  Lightroom will import it beside all your photos.  The Lightroom video preview has a button on the lower left that allows you to "extract" single 8MP JPEGs from a video frame.  I've had satisfying prints to 13"x19" from those "frame grabs". 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can download the latest update to 6.9 from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines