Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers panel not displaying highlighted elements

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ID CC2017/ Mac OS 10.12.3

I am noticing that when using multiple layers, selecting an element on one layer no longer shows the little colore box indicator on that layer in the layer panel, seems inconsequential, but this means I have no easy way of moving objects to other layers short of copying the object, locking the current layer, selecting the new one, and copying. ID used to do this, and now doesn't. Wat is up?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Trashing preferences alone does not usually work for this problem. You will have to trash your InDesign cache files to fix this.

To do so:

With InDesign closed launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the “Caches” folder. Within the Caches folder find and delete the entire file “Adobe InDesign”. I find that deleting the cache file completely leads to a lasting change.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a rather common issue that is corrected by trashing preferences.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/526990

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please let me know about the following:

1. Is this issue reproducible with all documents or only with a specific one?

2. What is the workflow or steps that you follow that result in this bug

3. Also, what happens after deleting your preferences and cache. Does it solve your issue?

You can mail me your document in which you are facing the issue along with a small video showing the steps you follo to reproduce the issue at amaarora@adobe.com

-Aman

InDesign Team

amaarora@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trashing preferences alone does not usually work for this problem. You will have to trash your InDesign cache files to fix this.

To do so:

With InDesign closed launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the “Caches” folder. Within the Caches folder find and delete the entire file “Adobe InDesign”. I find that deleting the cache file completely leads to a lasting change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

I found your Cache solution to be all that was needed to remedy the original post -- much simpler than deleting the preferences.

I recommend this as a first step toward solution.

Thanks for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines