• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Capture Not Saving Image As Transparent Vector

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My adobe capture on my phone is no longer saving my images as a transparent vector. They now have a white block around them. I didn't make any changes. I don't see a way to fix it. I need help as I need them to be transparent. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Melinda.

Hmmm... No. Sorry. It's only for mobile.

I've heard previously, from a couple of people with the Galaxy S5 who haven't been able to install the app (I guess there are a couple of models that just don't work with it) but there was a new update (3.1.65) released last week, have you given it another shot?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melinda.

Sorry for taking so long to respond.

My understanding is that nothing has changed in the app (either on iOS or Android), can you tell me how you're saving the image and what device you're using?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I follow the arrow in the top right. I change the name of the shape to what I want it to be and then click the check mark in the upper right. I haven't changed anything I'm doing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it's still saving with a white background   I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5. I appreciate your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melinda.

OK, that saves it to your Library... What are you doing with it after that? Are you taking it into a desktop app? Or saving it to your Gallery?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I want to use it, I click on the share icon and then I select more and email it to myself or upload to google drive. Both I've done successfully with others when I first started using the app and they're available as transparent vectors...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Melinda.

Let me talk to one of our engineers about this. In my experience, Capture has always saved like this (outside of taking the images to the desktop) but I may be mistaken.

I'll post as soon as I hear back from someone.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting because the first many times I used it, my background was transparent and it was AWESOME! And i have no clue how to do it myself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Melinda.

Were you at some point using the Creative Cloud versions of the desktop apps? That's the only way (that I've ever known to be available) in the Android version to get a shape with a transparent background.

When saved as an image, no matter where it's saved, images have a white background.

I'm sorry. I'm just not sure what you were doing previously to have it be transparent.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, I've never used the clouds or desktop apps. Very odd. Because I have a ton of transparent images and then suddenly the ones with white backgrounds... So frustrating. Is there something simple in another program that I can use to make them transparent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Melinda.

I just don't know of any way to get a transparent background without bringing the shapes into Illustrator CC through the Libraries panel and I'm stumped as to how you were able to do it previously.

I'm sorry.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL Well, that makes two of us   I guess I will have to get illustrator. I was just hoping to not have to pay $29.99 a month for this one feature. THank you so much for all of your help! It's a mystery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Melinda.

You know I was just thinking... Would it work for you to bring the shape into an Adobe Draw drawing layer, make the background layer transparent, then save it from there?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Draw will not work on my phone. I've tried several times and it just comes up blank - everything is missing from it Can I use adobe draw on my laptop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Melinda.

Hmmm... No. Sorry. It's only for mobile.

I've heard previously, from a couple of people with the Galaxy S5 who haven't been able to install the app (I guess there are a couple of models that just don't work with it) but there was a new update (3.1.65) released last week, have you given it another shot?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m also having the same problem. I have been using the Adobe Capture app to make images I’ve drawn be transparent for logo design and recently I discovered all my transparent images on my iPhone 7 have suddenly become non-transparent (with white backgrounds). I tried making a new one and it keep saving to the camera roll with the white background, but the ones I already have in my Adobe library that were created in the past will save as transparent to my camera roll if I save them as new images. But my new designs will not. Something happened recently (an update?) because I also had to re-sign in on all my Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff.

I'm sorry things aren't saving as they have been.

But, nothing's changed in the app. And as far as I remember, shapes have never had a transparent background when saving to the camera roll. I asked the product team about this and they have a couple of questions:

What version of Capture are you using?

What version of iOS are you on?

Was it just in this most recent version that you noticed the difference in the saves?

Can you send me screenshots, through the in-app feedback, of two different saves: one when you were happy with the save and one that's more current that you're not happy with? (To send feedback through the app tap the Capture icon, then Send Feedback).

The Capture team would like to look into this, so please let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am facing this issue!

I used to be able to save images without a background - but now any image I save has a white background! It's really annoying because I would have to use multiple apps to simple scan a drawing without a background to use in other drawing apps. I use Adobe Capture to digitise my drawings and never had this issue until now. It is true that before Adobe Capture allowed you to savev without a transparent background so I dont know why this changed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear User,
If you want an image of a shape with transparent background, please export the shape as an Image. Exporting Shape as an Image retains the transparency while the option "Save to Device" (on Android) /Save to Camera roll(On iOS) removes transparency with the white background.
For exporting shape as an image please perform the following steps:
1 - Tap on three dots
2 - Select Export as...
3 - Choose Image. Now a .png version of the shape will be generated with transparency.

Further "I used to be able to save images without a background " makes me very curious. Can you please provide me, the following information :
What version of Capture application are you using?
What version of iOS/Android are you on?
Any idea of the Capture app. version in which you were able to save transparent images.

Regards,
Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines